About the Role
We are looking for bright, kind, goal-oriented individuals who are operationally-savvy, energized by growing, developing and inspiring people, and passionate about delivering quality to our Clients. Our Team Supervisors lead large teams (10-25) in one of three departments to achieve operational goals and have fun doing it. In this role, you will own daily planning and drive execution within your department while supporting company and building-wide initiatives.
We are looking for Area Managers in one of four functional areas:
- Outbound: As our largest team, they manage every aspect of the Client-bound shipping process including picking, hand folding, and shipping. As the last step in our fulfillment process, your team ensures we are delighting our customers with every “Fix” through the love and attention they give every detail inside and outside of the box.
- Receiving: Welcomes new inventory from our vendor partners. They receive, tag, categorize, and bin 100% of our new inventory. Your team also partners extensively with our merchandising department on things like billing to inventory counts. Your team is responsible for getting new clothes into active inventory so our Stylists can help our Clients find what they love.
- Returns: Our Clients keep only what they love so this team completes our Client checkout experience for the items kept and processes any returns so they can be styled for another fix. Your team is responsible to ensure all returned items are of highest quality before being placed back into inventory to delight another Client.
- Support: The Support team works hard behind the scenes to enable a successful operation overall. Your team will do everything from solve fulfillment issues, repair and restore inventory, and keep the equipment running smoothly. This team is also responsible for inventory control, processing timely Client exchanges, and running our onsite employee store.
Regardless of the Department, you will be an integral part of creating and nurturing our Stitch Fix culture -- promoting and living our values of Partnership, Integrity, Responsibility and Innovation every day. Most importantly, you are responsible for inspiring others to be their best selves while creating a fun, fulfilling, and safe place to work for everyone.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Directly manage, inspire, and develop 10-25 hourly team members so that each person generates, lives and breathes our culture as they achieve daily departmental goals.
- Recruit, interview, and onboard new team members to build an exceptional team of bright, kind and goal oriented employees within your department.
- Provide on-the-job training and coaching to support team member’s ongoing development and growth.
- Develop great partnerships as you regularly provide, seek and incorporate high-quality feedback to drive development for you and your team and to improve your individual and collective impact.
- Manage daily tasks that impact operational effectiveness and execution of departmental goals, such as accurate reporting of timesheets, hours worked, and attendance.
- Track daily performance data and analyze for trends and opportunities. Make informed recommendations and respond to changing operational needs effectively e.g. staffing and process changes.
- Roll out new processes and production changes to your team. Educate all team members and provide high-quality feedback on the process and their performance and impact.
- Model and champion innovation by encouraging your team to find ways to do things more effectively, ask client-centric questions, share their learnings with others, and work through challenges and obstacles.
We’re excited about you because...
- You are Bright, Kind, and Goal-Oriented and embody our values of Partnership, Integrity, Innovation, and Responsibility.
- You have 4+ years in a people leadership role directly managing 10-25 people and know how to lead and inspire people to do quality work on a daily basis.
- You value doing what’s right, not what’s easy.
- You appreciate the big picture and find ways to make an impact outside of your immediate team and department.
- You thrive in an environment where autonomy and responsibility are granted and are committed to providing the same for the teams you manage.
- You have a passion for the art and science of our business -- a combination of beauty, wisdom, and data analytics.
- You are energized by being in the action -- leading your team from the floor for 8 or more hours per day.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) or G Suite (Google Sheets, Docs, Slide) and love learning new systems.
- You have a four-year degree or equivalent experience.
Why you’ll love working at Stitch Fix...
- You are encouraged to be your authentic self here, and empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- You’ll be an integral part of an organization that is on the cutting edge of changing the way people find what they love
- We are redefining what it means to work in a warehouse -- and you’ll contribute to this!
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively, trying new things, and having fun while we work
- We are a group of kind, bright and goal-oriented people, who truly believe in our business model
- We offer competitive salaries and Total Rewards packages
- We have free beverages and snacks every day and have a Party Crew onsite!
- You’ll be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day!
About Stitch Fix
Stitch Fix is redefining retail shopping, being the first fashion retailer to blend the human element of personal styling with powerful algorithms and stylish product to make shopping fun and effortless for busy women. We’re passionate about client experience, innovating smart and sustainable products, and redefining what it means to provide a personalized shopping experience. Founded in 2011 by Katrina Lake, Stitch Fix has experienced unprecedented growth, and being literally at the intersection of technology and human touch helps us attract an extraordinary team of talented people. We’d love for you to join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer seeking individuals who value and will support a friendly, team-oriented and drug free workplace. Applicants may be required to submit to a criminal background check and drug screen prior to commencing employment.
Stitch Fix has re-invented shopping, the way women really want to shop. Keep your wardrobe up-to-date with no hassle. You give us your size and style preferences, and your stylist sends you a selection of 5 items picked just for you. Try everything on at home, and only pay for what you want to keep!