If you want to give a gift that lasts forever, consider a book. Although e-books have grown in popularity, nothing can replace the sensual experience of reading a printed book — pages to touch and turn, sections to earmark and glossy cover art to feast your eyes upon. Books may be inexpensive gifts, but they are an invaluable source of fun that can be used and shared over and over again.
Here’s what books can do:
- -Teach you something (history, biography, cooking, self improvement, business).
- -Entertain you (suspense, drama, romance, thriller, love).
- -Help you pass the time (while waiting, sick or commuting).
- -Give you an escape from everyday life (a much needed break).
- -Encourage you to recycle (pass it on and keep on giving).
- -Simulate your brain (eye focus, motor skills, memory, intellect).
- -Go with you, anywhere (from the beach to your bedroom).
- -Get a conversation started (friends, book clubs, social networks).
Did you ever consider that the ability to read a book is a gift itself? According to Our World In Data, 17% of the world population is still illiterate. Don’t let your gift go to waste. Keep reading and buying books for yourself and others.
Give one of the most inexpensive and long-lasting gifts, give a book.
Inspiring personal growth, professional success and positive change. Author of The Goddess of Happiness, Vita’s Will and Note to Self: Love (Book & Screenplay). Lover of food, fashion, fitness, funky music, dogs, dancing, cooking, laughter and anything Italian.