Whatareyoudoingnowtoreachyourgoals?

Maria Vallin 84
over 2 years Story
What are you doing now to reach your goals?

Maybe you know exactly what you want but you're not sure how to get there.

If you are anything like me, then you probably have changed your mind a few times.

As a little girl, I was sold on the idea that being a teacher would be a good fit for me. After a motivational speech from a science professional, I could see myself as a nurse. And then a counselor. Maybe a psychologist would be awesome. Then it was time to be more specific and realistic. I was going to study to be a social worker. Oh, and I wasn't changing my mind. But then I did. I did for personal reasons. I realize that I am more sensitive than I like to agree and am usually deeply affected by negative situations I can't always control. I felt like I was being realistic when I finally decided that I was going to pursue my degree in work psychology. After nearly completing my Associate of Arts, I decided that kinesiology was my best fit.

Perhaps I've been so stuck in the future that I was practically ignoring the present time. It is so easy for me to see myself doing what I want in the future. Maybe that is why it was so easy for me to change my mind so easily. But the real question I should have been asking myself was, "what am I doing right now that will prepare me for the future?" It's great that I could see my future and decide for myself, but after being really honest with myself, I can admit that I've just been hoping to get there later. Some day. Some day, later in the future because right now I have been unfocused on the future I want for myself.

In fact, I've been settling for any job that will get me by for now. I've been postponing real practice that will get me where I want to be.

Thanks to my older brother who reminded me of the old saying that practice makes the teacher, I can rearrange my steps and determine where exactly I have been blocking my own success.

If you know exactly what you want and you are doing the necessary steps to get there, don't fall back. If you have to fall at all, fall forward. Then get back up, and keep moving.

• Martha Vazquez

over 2 years ago Fort Worth, TX, United States

• Martha Vazquez
    over 2 years ago Fort Worth, TX, United States

• Martha Vazquez
    Martha Vazquez President of Mogul at Tarrant County College
    over 2 years ago Fort Worth, TX, United States

Maria I love your posts! You're always so motivational!

Maria I love your posts! You're always so motivational!

• Rebecca

What and where is Tarrant county?

What and where is Tarrant county?

• Martha Vazquez
        Martha Vazquez President of Mogul at Tarrant County College
        2y ago Fort Worth, TX, United States

Hi @Rebecca! Tarrant County College is located in Fort Worth, TX! It is a community college.

• Rebecca
          2y ago New York, NY, United States

Hi Martha, Thanks for the feedback! How big is Fort Worth? Who lives there and what do they do?

• Maria Vallin 84

Thank you Martha!! That's what I'm here for ;-)

Thank you Martha!! That's what I'm here for ;-)

• Rebecca

I also love your post, Maria! Looking forward to reading your next one soon!

I also love your post, Maria! Looking forward to reading your next one soon!

• Maria Vallin 84

Thank you Rebecca!! I appreciate the love!!!

Thank you Rebecca!! I appreciate the love!!!

• Rebecca
            2y ago New York, NY, United States

Great article! Keep it up, Maria!

Great article! Keep it up, Maria!

Moguls Interested in TCC