These statistics are alarming!
1. The majority of mass shooters in the U.S. (54%) killed their intimate partners or family members.
2. About 4.5 million American women report that they have had an intimate partner threaten them with a gun.
3. American women are 16 times more likely to be killed by a gun than women in other developed nations.
4. Nearly half of American women who are murdered are killed by their intimate partners.
5. Homicide is the fifth leading cause of death for women between ages 18 and 44.
See the full explanation of all the above stats in Val's story. Fortune