Once upon a time, I was a nail biting enthusiast! Loads of homework...bite your nails; got late to school..bite your nails; stuck in traffic...bite your nails; have to complete a project within a week...bite your nails.
This bad habit of mine stayed with me till circa mid-2017 and by that time the damage done was irreversible.
But then a lady with shining nails entered my life and made me realise why it is important to take care of our nails and hands in general. I was also jealous of her nails.
Here are some tips she shared with me:
1. Moisturisation is key.
2. Use a quality nail polish.
3. Base coat is necessary before applying any nail paint and so is a top coat after applying your polish.
4. Prep your nails with either coconut oil or jojoba oil before removing your nail paint with a nail polish remover.
5. Whenever the urge to bite your nails emerges, chew on a bubblegum or keep your hands occupied with something..anything. In fact do anything as long as your nails aren't in your mouth.
6. Keep watching nail art tutorial for inspiration!
Utilising these tips coupled with determination and jealousy (you should see her nail art, okay!) helped me deal with my nail biting madness, although not completely, I am getting there!
P.S. Posting my nail glow-up picture.