My name is Emily Rose, and I am a freshman at Mercer University double majoring in Journalism and Law & Public Policy and minoring in Women's & Gender Studies on the pre-law track. I hope to become a policymaker or human rights lawyer in the future.
I'm thrilled to bring Mogul to Mercer's campus because I believe that through this platform, we can support and empower one another in all of our creative, entrepreneurial, and collegiate endeavors. Empowered women empower women, and that is one of the things I value most in my life.
This platform is, of course, for everyone, but here's a little bit about me before we get in deep.
- I am a musician, and I've been playing bass guitar since I was 11. I've performed in several local venues in my hometown of Athens, Georgia.
- I've been a vegetarian for two years.
- I'm a member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority.
- My real passion is writing. I wrote for my high school newspaper and Affinity Magazine before taking on a summer internship with Step Up Magazine. I've held a staff writing position with Women's Republic for some time as well as a paid contributor position with Politics Means Politics. I've contributed to Rantt, the Genetic Literacy Project, Athena Talks, Sprout Literary Magazine, Vocal, and Curieux Academic Journal (Dec 2017).
- Service is extremely important to me. I have volunteered and interned with Girls Rock Athens, a nonprofit summer day camp based on female empowerment and music education for young girls age 9-15 in the Athens community, as a blogger, bass instructor, band coach, and grant writer. I am a volunteer tutor at a local elementary school in Macon-Bibb through Read2Succeed and United Way of Middle Georgia.
I'm looking forward to working with the Mercer community and to show the world how creative and impassioned Mercer women are!
You Might Also Like
My name is Emily Rose, I'm from Athens, Georgia, and I'm excited to be the Mogul President here at Mercer University. I'm a writer, musician, and pre-law student hoping to double major in Journalism and Law & Public Policy and minor in Women's & Gender Studies.