I don’t understand this obsessive need to be in a relationship. It’s almost as if some people are convinced they’re not enough of their own, they need someone else to complete them.
I get it, sometimes you’ll meet someone and it will suddenly feel like they do make you complete, they are you other half. But, unless you find these sparks, there’s no need to go out looking for them.
A boyfriend doesn’t make you a better person, A boyfriend doesn’t validate you, and you’re not weird because you don’t have one. It’s not the most important thing in the world, trust me.
Here’s why you don’t need a boyfriend:
1. You can wake up, get ready for work/school/nothing and not have to worry about making sure you text them ‘Good Morning’ before they think you’ve forgotten about them
2. You can actually socialize. No need to check your phone, no need to let them know where you are, no ignoring your friends while you give your boyfriend a call.
3. You can be lazy. I mean, come on. Do you really want to shave your legs? It’s cold outside. Do you want to have to wear make up when you go out? Maybe you’d rather stay in some PJ’s and relax.
4. There’s nobody holding you back. If you wanna spend all day in bed, do it. Want to go study/move far away? You can. Wanna go on holiday with the girls? Go for it.
5. You don’t need to be jealous. There’s nobody to make you feel envy, or worry about what they’re doing. You don’t have to be the bitchy girlfriend who throws a tantrum when her boyfriend ends up at the same place as the ex. It’s one less thing to worry about.
6. Also, they’re not being jealous of what you’re doing. Hang out with your guy friends, go to a nightclub, talk to new people – do whatever you want!
7. You don’t have to watch what you say. If you’re at a party with the boyfriend, and playing ‘Never Have I ever’ – you have to sit and edit your answers in your head in order to not annoy them and end up being ‘that couple’ that fight at the party.
8. You don’t need to buy Christmas, Birthday, Valentines Day and Anniversary presents. And you get to avoid the struggle of trying to buy something ‘Original’.
9. You don’t need to impress their family. No need to watch your language, wear something nice and modest and try to act like the model girlfriend that mummy may approve of.
10. You can let someone buy you a drink on a night out without feeling guilty. It’s just a drink, not a proposal after all!
11. You don’t have to share a bed! It’s a beautiful thing. You can take all the covers, throw the pillows around, make a blanket fort if you want to – it doesn’t matter!
12. You don’t have to overlook things that annoy you. The snoring, him leaving his socks on the floor, the way he talks. You don’t have to try and accept things that annoy you just because you don’t want to fight.
13. You also don’t have to deal with serious arguments, and worrying about not messing up in case you break up.
14. You can’t be cheated on, or dumped. Do I need to say more on this?
And most importantly, you can be yourself! You don’t have to impress anyone but yourself. You can be whoever you want to be, enjoy the things you love, and be happy with yourself.
15. Remember, you’re already a whole person. You’re already perfect. You don’t need anyone or anything to complete you. Just enjoy your life!
You Might Also Like
I Miss Seeing Your Name on My Screen
One Day There Will Be No Distance That Will Ever Separate Us