Oh, the dreaded "friend zone." We've all been stuck in it at some point. And once you're there, it's darn near impossible to dig yourself out. But how do you know when you're in the friend zone? If your crush uses any of the following lines, it's safe to say you've just been handed a one-way ticket to the friend zone.
10. "You know your friend Laura? I would totally stick my [body part] into her [corresponding body part]. She's so [expletive] hot!"
9. "You're like the sister I never had." Or: "You're just like my sister, except that I don't secretly hate you."
8. "I hope we're still friends when we're 50."
7. "My parents keep asking when we're going to start dating. Isn't that so funny???"
6. "It's nice that we can hang out without a bunch of drama. Every relationship I've been in is non-stop drama." (Translation: He is attracted to drama.)
5. "I wouldn't recommend going into the bathroom for a while unless you're wearing some sort of Hazmat suit. That's the last time I go to that new Thai place."
4. "We're just like Pam and Jim on The Office--before they hooked up and got super annoying."
3. [Loud, sustained belching noise]
2. "I feel like I can tell you anything. [Pause] I really want to bang your friend Laura."
And the worst:
1. "I wish I could meet someone just like you."
Got any other "friend zone" lines?
Senior editor and dating coach Alex Wise is a recognized expert on love, marriage and relationships (except when it comes to his own life, of course) who has been featured in Cosmopolitan, The Huffington Post, Mashable, LifeHacker, Today.com and more. Join him at Loveawake.com dating service and [...]