The world is going mobile. All you need is a smart phone handset and you can practically perform any task possible. You will one Mobile Application for each category, catering to almost all the basic requirement of an app user.
The Hotel and Hospitality Industry is not lagging far behind in the competition.
Biggies have started incorporating the benefits of mobile apps into their business to enhance the customer experience in using their service such as Marriott, Hilton etc.
Going mobile has given rise to the recent trends which are about to change the very face of this sector.
Let us have a brief insight into the growing trends in Hospitality Sector
What are the 9 Mobile App Trends in Hotel Industry?
Augmenting the smartphone technology into this service industry has given rise to the following trends, few of them are still in their infant stage.
- Get your presence felt in the app store- If you have entered the hospitality business, then the best way to make your hotel business visible to your customers, then start by developing an app and upload it in the app store.
- Direct online booking- Customers prefer an easy, online option to book their hotel room before embarking on their trip. Your app must be smart enough to allow your customer to book the hotel room online even when they are on the move.
- Mobile check-in and check-out- To offer a hassle free experience of your service to your customers, mobile check-ins and check-outs are the perfect option for your hotel. There is no need for your guests to wait in the queue or interact with the front desk executive. Marriott International has already introduced this feature in their hotel chains.
- Mobile room key- The hotel room access or key card is about to become obsolete. On check-in through the mobile app, the admin will generate and send a virtual key to their phone on the app along with the room number. Their smart phone will serve the purpose of a virtual key. Sensors in the door can detect and verify the phone through technology such as Bluetooth device.
- Advanced in-room technology- The ‘Smart Home Technology’ allows smartphone application to give command to all the electronic devices in the hotel room. Guest can access the devices via the app to adjust AC temperature or switch on/off tv set even if they are not physically present inside the room.
- Place room service and access all the features using mobile app- Allow your guests to place orders for room service. Guest can access details of all offered services such as placing food order, spa, golf, in-room dining, concierge or travel services and requests directly from the mobile device. All activities of the guests are logged. Your hotel admin can track time taken to complete guest requests and monitor trends to make informed decisions based on factual data.
- Cashless payments- E-wallets can be used to make payment either at the time of booking the hotel room or during check-outs, without having to waste time in the hotel lobby or waiting in the front desk queue.
- Live and updated information sharing- All information presented to guests on the mobile device is controlled through a web based Content Management System. You can add, edit or remove anything information or details. All changes are immediately reflected on all the devices. Guests only see live and actual information. Any special events or offers can easily be added to the app. Once the event is over, the information is omitted from the app.
- Future trend predictions- Customer or guest app behavior and their subsequent in-app interaction provide valuable insights into the consumer taste and preference. You can study the growing trend or future mold of events by studying your guest behavior. Customer data even helps the daily operational activities of the hotel by enabling them to know the peak time intervals during which particular services are more in demand by the guests. The management team can thus prepare accordingly to offer relevant staff during such peak times.
There is a rising trend in the hotel and hospitality sector. If your hotel business has not developed an application yet, then you are loosing out key customers and lagging way behind in the competition. Launch your business mobile application and make your customers experience a great service that will eventually boost up your business growth based on their useful feedback and ratings.
Fluper Ltd. is top rated committed" Web & Mobile Application Design & Development company having a successful, authentic track record of delivering 150+ Apps in span of 4 Years. We provide authentic client testimonials with contact specific to every client's vertical or project in order to certify [...]