A lot of changes have occurred in the eCommerce industry since its origin. Ecommerce nowadays has taken a faster pace. Selling own products solely to offering products from multiple-sellers is a trend ecommerce/business owners are adopting. Online stores are taking a quick shift towards Marketplaces.
Reasons of Ecommerce shift to Marketplace
- In 2016, Amazon generated 22.99 billion U.S. dollars in third-party seller service revenues, up from 16.09 billion U.S. dollars in the previous year. Seller-service revenues account for the second-largest revenue segment of the online retail platform.
- Customer Retention: In comparison to single ecommerce stores, a multi-vendor marketplace helps in retaining up to 89% of the customers.
- Revenue Boost: Sales through Multivendor marketplaces will account to almost thrice as compared to online stores by 2021.
- Huge Traffic: Multi- vendor stores helps in grabbing more traffic in comparison to single online store.
- High Conversion Rates: Multi-vendor marketplaces offer a variety of products so that your customers need not look in to the other stores thereby increase in loyal customers and high conversion rates.
- Earn High Commissions:More varieties, more offerings, more sales, therefore more commissions in your pockets.
Rakesh Jain is a CEO and Co-founder of Mobicommerce, an eCommerce web & mobile app development company having a team of best app developers who deliver best eCommerce solutions mainly on Magento and PrestaShop platform. He regularly contributes his knowledge on the leading blogging sites. You can [...]