At Mars, you'll grow beyond what you can possibly imagine.
Our objective as a company is to create a mutuality of benefits for all of our stakeholders through our operations. We strive to do this by putting our Principles into action every day to make a difference to people and the planet through our performance.
At Mars we’ve created a unique culture underpinned by three key pillars: Purpose, Development & People.
Purpose is at the heart of our company – it’s what inspires our Associates to achieve superior results that they can truly be proud of. The vast opportunities for development empower Associates to learn, build, dream, and develop their future – whilst making the world a better place for themselves, our communities, and for pets. The relationships our Associates build through the people they meet, the convictions they stand for, and the goals they collaborate towards, all come together making them belong to something bigger than just a company.
- Healthy Planet: Our goal is to reduce our environmental impacts in line with what science says is necessary to keep the planet healthy
- Thriving People: Our goal is to meaningfully improve the working lives of one million people in our value chain to enable them to thrive
- Nourishing Wellbeing: Our goal is to advance science, innovation and marketing in ways that help billions of people and their pets lead healthier, happier lives
At Mars, we put our Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – into action every day through our work and our relationships with consumers, customers, business partners and communities.
Sustainable in a Generation Plan:
From climate change to poverty the world is facing significant challenges. At Mars, we believe it’s time to take a new approach to addressing these challenges – an approach that takes what we’ve learned over the last decade by focusing on the impacts of our direct operations and expands our ambitions further down through our supply chains in order to make a significant impact.
That’s why we launched our Sustainable in a Generation Plan in September 2017 – a plan to grow in ways that are good for people, good for the planet and good for our business.
Our Sustainable in a Generation Plan focuses on three interconnected ambitions we believe are essential drivers of sustainable growth:
- Associates are paid competitively
- Associates and their families enjoy good health
- Associates feel protected from the effects of catastrophic life events
- Associates know that Mars respects lives outside work
- Associates plan and prepare for retirement
To get the best people, we know we need comprehensive pay and benefits. We outline how we reward committed and results-driven Associates in our annual Total Rewards Statements, which provide full details on every aspect of individual pay and benefits packages.
The packages we offer vary around the world according to local legal requirements and market conditions, but all are designed with the following aims in mind:
- We’re starting at the top. Thanks to our training on inclusive leadership, our executives are creating an open environment where every Associate — woman or man — can be themselves and develop their skills.
- We’re recruiting more and more women and making sure they have every opportunity to progress within Mars.
- Groups, including the Women of Mars Associate Network and Women in Sales Leadership, give women a chance to network and pass on advice.
At Mars, we recruit and reward Associates based on capability and performance — regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. Each Mars location, everywhere, is free to respond to local needs to create a culturally sensitive workplace for everyone. In doing so, we want every Mars Associate to feel our commitment to showing respect for all and encouraging open collaboration and communication.
At Mars, we value every single Associate — after all, they are what make Mars, Mars. We embrace every opportunity to be more inclusive and diverse and to give everyone the potential to unlock his or her own possibilities: