MF2960: Welder Second/Third Shift
COMPANY OVERVIEWJoining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we’ve got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn’t stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of integrity, accountability, respect, speed, stretch, vision, and boundaryless. It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.
Infrastructure Solutions is the world’s largest handheld hydraulic tool manufacturer and we’re a worldwide market leader. We deliver over 150 handheld hydraulic tools and over 30 mounted impact tools. And these are the tools that build your world.
This position is responsible for the production welding of all components, which make up the parts in the manufacturing process of heavy hydraulic attachments.
The successful candidate who performs well in this role will have growth opportunities available within the business. Learn more about the Hydraulics business at www.stanleyhydraulic.com and learn more about Stanley Black & Decker at www.stanleyblackanddecker.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESClass C
- Perform arc, wirefeed and arc air welding including knowledge of all basic weld symbols on blueprints.
- Maintain the ability to weld according to Weld Quality Policy.
- Understand pre/post heat of weldment to include the proper use of temperature control stick.
- Meet performance standards per job/task as outlined on product routes.
- Operate overhead crane, jib hoist, forklift and other lifting devices safely and properly
- Maintain safe and organized work area including end of shift clean up and light maintenance in
- accordance with 5S standards.
- Must be able to communicate fully with supervisor(s) and coworker(s).
- Use and follow personal protective equipment program at all times.
- Proper and safe use of cutting torches
- Ability to read and follow product routes
- Ability to read and complete labor tickets.
- Required to adhere to all safety programs and policies
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
In addition to all Class C major job functions:
- Must demonstrate weld ability on one or more product lines.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of layout, fit-up and tacking on one or more product lines.
In addition to all Class C and B Major job functions:
- Must have demonstrated weld ability on all product lines.
- Must be able to work with no supervision.
- Ability to train and assign work to others in the department.
- Assist in documenting standard work procedures and provide training on same.
- Ability to operate all welding equipment including manual machines and robot welder if assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to read, interpret and understand blueprints.
- Proper safe use of all hand tools.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral procedures
- Ability to work shifts.
Continuous standing; repetitive motion of hand/wrist. And lifting of 1-15 pounds. Intermittent bending; crouching; repetitive motion of elbow/shoulder; pushing/pulling and lifting 15-30 pounds. Seldom climbing; reaching above; lifting over 30 pounds without assistance; working at heights or laying in a prone position.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
One years of vocational school or an equivalent of one year production welding experience.
High School Graduate or equivalent.
Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity. Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.