ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform repetitive work within takt time of 23 seconds or less on the robot loading position.
- Operate and produce a quality part on girth welding machines in a safe manner.
- Performs inspections of part and identify repairs and defects
- Perform several positions within the department, including daily rotation for ergonomic reasons
- Understands and follows the Jackson site’s environmental policy and the environmental impacts associated with their work activities.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Must have the basic understanding of mig welding. (wire speed, heat, and gas).
- Must have good trouble shooting skills and mechanical abilities.
- Must be able to stand and walk for 8 hours or more per day.
- Must be willing to move to other areas as needed to meet production needs.
- Must be self motivated and work well under pressure situations.
- Must be very coordinated with using both hands at the same time.
- Able to receive constructive criticism and show immediate improvement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
HS Diploma or GED Required, plus 6 months experience in fast-paced manufacturing environment. 1 year experience in mig welding.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; regularly required to climb or balance; frequently required to talk or hear; and occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; regularly exposed to extreme heat; frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; and .
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.