The GBS Design Team is looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming to work on the Institute of Business Value website. The IBV is IBM’s though leadership arm, and it drives a large percentage of our web and social traffic. We’re about to launch a redesigned website in 2018, and we need help to keep improving the site through 2019. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the new IBV website.
You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
You will play an integral role in the in nitrating on the new IBV website. If you’re interested in making a global impact by delivering innovative user experiences – we want to hear from you!
Your responsibilities will include:
● Specifying, building, testing, deploying, maintaining, and supporting your code
● Leveraging modern tools and techniques to develop clean, efficient, and reusable code
● Advocating front-end development best practices
You should have a strong grasp of:
● Cross-browser quirks and compatibility
● Mobile-first, content driven responsive design and development (i.e., FlexBox, CSS Grid)
● Progressive enhancement
● Leveraging APIs
● Testing and resolving performance concerns
● Team Git workflow and version control
● Unix shell and command line tools
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
● Fluent in English
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
● Visual or user experience design
● CSS preprocessors (i.e., Saas) and advanced CSS concepts (i.e., CSS3)
● Knowledge of emerging Web standards
● Native mobile development
● Package managers (i.e., NPM, Yarn)
● Scrum/agile software development methodologies
● Building API driven interfaces
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]