We’re the Global Business Services IBM Design Thinking Team. GBS is IBM’s services consulting arm, and we’re charged with infusing IBM Design Thinking throughout the organization. We’re currently engaged with the new Offering Management practice in GBS and we're helping define how offerings are developed and how they go to market. Now we’re expanding on that by helping to infuse design in to asset development to support those offerings. So it’s essentially product development, but with the opportunity to work in a variety of spaces, and at times directly with clients.
This is a great opportunity to opportunity to work closely with IBM SMEs from around the world, clients from companies outside of IBM, and your design team peers to craft thoughtful, intuitive solutions.
Produce mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, visual language guidelines, visual compositions, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs
Work with user experience designers, design researchers and developers to ensure visual design enhances the overall user experience
Work with Design Researchers to understand stakeholders, users and the markets in which they operate
Work with design team to lobby for and plan validation activities to ensure a delightful user experience.
Defend design choices using previous user research, heuristics and usability standards
Create world-class customer experiences and beautiful visuals that support and reinforce IBM vision, brand and business objectives across all platforms
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3+ years of experience as a visual designer or similar role in digital projects
- At least 3 years experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud and/or other design tools
- Visual portfolio that displays a solid understanding of design principles and interface design
- Ability to produce quick, low-fidelity sketches and sleek, high fidelity visuals on tight schedules with a ton of initiative
- Knowledge of best practices in typography, color theory and iconography
- Ability to create click through prototypes to test and validate working hypothesis with users
- Ability to synthesize real user feedback into designs
- Solid understanding of mobile and desktop graphic techniques and production practices
- Ability to work with brand and design guidelines
- Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Readiness to travel 5-15% annually
- English: Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]