Logistics done differently.
Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most loved in the world by Fortune and one of America’s best employers by Forbes. Strong leadership, management, and customer service are the heart of our operations at XPO. Can you provide support across multiple locations at a time? As the Vice President of Business Development and Operations Support, you will provide management oversight and support in the development and execution of high quality, cost effective, and integrated daily operations for the company. We want to utilize your skills, years of experience, and technical background to drive these results by focusing on our company’s strategic plans; ensuring a forward-thinking future for yourself and XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability, and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Build new opportunities within current client base to ensure, maintain, and expand core business; lead complex solutions, as well as implement and develop strategies with existing customers
- Diversify and increase the revenue and profitability base; drive value-creating insights, recommendations, and solutions across multiple projects
- Communicate with senior executives to develop and implement selected courses of action
- Handle all support, planning, and execution of multiple programs and daily support functions such as (but not limited to) program management, continuous improvement, engineering, new product introduction, facility maintenance, training, quality, inventory control, and document control; serve as a direct interface to corporate functions such as safety, security, procurement, IT, and finance
- Run entire lifecycle of programs from inception to ongoing execution and improvement including management, documentation, process workflows, work plans, reports, etc.
- Demonstrate expertise with preparation of detailed plans including activity definition, task sequencing, resource requirements, and duration estimates
- Liaison with key clients, including senior level sponsors, partners, and vendors, to define program scope and ensure timely delivery of all program components
- Participate in the development, implementation, and assessment of program health-checks, ‘Go-Live’ readiness, lessons learned, and post-mortem reviews
- Monitor and communicate progress, collaborate with key clients to publish status reports, and handle and report on issues and action items
- Keep up with meaningful industry knowledge such as organizational development approaches, technologies, warehousing, 3PL, supply chain management, and project management practices to ensure a continually evolving and growing organization
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Operations Management
- 10 or more years of business development or sales experience
- Expertise in consultative selling methods
- Proven confidence to take calculated risks; make strategic, results-oriented decisions and accept responsibility for the results (positive or negative)
- Ability to diligently handle existing customers
- Confirmed reciprocal and innovative mindset; strategic in thinking and approach
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
It’d be great if you also have:
- Prior experience with inside sales with current customers
- Excellent communication and presentations skills
- Demonstrated excellent social and management skills; ability to work reciprocally in a team environment and harmonize with diverse personalities
Be part of something big. #LI-KD1
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Named one of the world’s most admired companies by Fortune magazine, XPO is a global leader in logistics and transportation, providing cutting-edge supply chain solutions to successful companies around the globe. Our 100,000 talented employees work at over 1,500 locations in 32 countries. We’re [...]