WHO IS STANLEY BLACK & DECKER? We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what vehicle you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. Our purpose is to create the innovative solutions for those that make the world.
Click on the link to learn more about how it is our purpose to innovate for those that make our world!
WHY WORK FOR STANLEY BLACK & DECKER? Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable things.
As a Fortune 500 Company that was recently named one of the Top 100 Companies for Millennial Women and one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies, Stanley Black and Decker always strives for excellence when it comes to our employees. We are a stable yet always advancing company with a proven track record for longevity and quality.
Our Company also offers employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays and more!
Assume overall accountability for Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost for products and processes in assigned Value Stream (VS) from raw material to finished goods ready to ship. Directly interact with all internal departments, product managers, suppliers, customers and Stanley Black and Decker facilities.
- Assume overall accountability for the safety, production costs and efficiency of assigned VS.
- Develop strategy & Execution of VS growth.
- Develop Standard Word for supervisors, engineers and operators.
- Establish Training Matrices for operator development.
- Maintain quality through all processes; reacts to quality issues and responds with sustainable corrective actions.
- Utilizes lean concepts to drive process improvements, data analysis and regular project management.
- Insures strict compliance with corporate EH&S goals and compliance objectives.
- Insures that programs and procedures are adopted to guard against industrial accidents and protect the safety and well-being of area employees.
- Fully support and comply with all ISO Quality and Environmental Systems and Stanley Fulfillment System (SFS) objectives and projects.
- Prepares an annual operating budget and insures that assigned VS operates within established cost controls.
- Accountable for establishing and delivering 5%productivity to meet VS and plant targets.
- Drive Process Development, Lean Culture and work with all Support Functions to improve material flow.
- Responsible to work with engineering and product teams to insure manufacturability of new product(s), machine specifications, plant capital requirements, project timelines, and production launch.
- Continually reviewing and evaluating existing operating policies, procedures, systems, schedules, equipment, etc., and overseeing the implementation of modifications and improvements.
- Through subordinates and upon approval, as necessary, establishes operating policies, procedures and practices for their manufacturing area; interprets and explains objectives, programs and policies.
- Regularly reviews and analyzes various types of manufacturing related reports and keeps senior management informed of significant activities and problems.
- Continually reviews market position SKU by SKU with product management and makes recommendations to improve such position such as NPD, SKU rationalization and process improvement.
- Using statistical analysis and manufacturing engineering techniques, troubleshoots manufacturing processes and develops ways to reduce variability in those processes.
- Ensures product quality, process capabilities, and cost improvements.
- Works closely with Quality Engineering to implement Process Controls and conducts statistical root cause analysis to identify ways to improve and maintain acceptable product quality.
- Works closely with production and facilities maintenance to troubleshoot and repair problems with production equipment.
- Develops and implements capital improvement projects to provide cost savings to the process.
- Using lean manufacturing techniques and six sigma methodologies develops process improvements and optimal use of manufacturing resources.
- Works with suppliers to ensure incoming quality, and equipment vendors to develop the most efficient use of capital.
- Works closely with the Supervisor, Team Lead and Design Engineering to support new product introduction and product upgrades or cost improvement initiatives.
- Develops standard operating procedures which direct the most efficient, cost effective and highest quality process.
- Reduces machine down-time by developing standard work instructions for predictive/preventative maintenance. Identifies the schedule, tools, and supplies needed for proper maintenance of capital equipment.
- Works closely with Finance and Materials to ensure correct manufacturing costs, process routings and bill of materials.
- 7-10 years of hands-on experience in a manufacturing environment including lean/flow manufacturing with relevant exposure to primary manufacturing such as machining and cold forming.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (BSME or BS in Mfg. Eng preferred) or 7+ years equivalent experience (significantly and directly related)
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.