We’re the Global Business Services IBM Design Thinking Team. GBS is IBM’s consulting arm, and we’re charged with infusing IBM Design Thinking throughout the organization. We’re currently engaged with the new Offering Management and Asset Development practice in GBS, helping define how offerings are developed and how they go to market—and now we’re going to be creating assets for those offerings. It’s the closest to traditional product team work that we’ve done yet, though the opportunity will exist for some variety. Service design, client workshops, web—we dabble in a lot of things.
It’s a great opportunity to opportunity to work closely with IBM SMEs from around the world, clients from companies outside of IBM, and your design team peers to craft thoughtful, intuitive solutions.
- Ensure there is consistency and orchestration in the design strategy as they apply design to experiences, products and services.
- Produce mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, user flows, prototypes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs.
- Work with design team to lobby for and plan evaluation of prototypes to ensure a delightful user experience.
- Defend design choices using previous user research, heuristics and usability standards.
- Create world-class user experiences that support and reinforce IBM vision, brand and business objectives across all platforms.
- Provide support during discussions with clients and help assess design needs for projects
- Understand the larger strategic goal and understanding how to work within that constraint
- Develop mid-fi and hi-fi mockups when necessary
- Rapidly build and iterate prototypes
- This position will include some amount of international travel
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Empathetic and attuned to users' needs, motivations, and behaviors
- Must be able to frame user opportunities within the context of business needs
- Capable of developing a conceptual model and delivering concrete experiences in service of that model
- Must be able to deliver delightful, thoughtful design solutions that are relevant to our users and business objectives
- Must have the ability to successfully negotiate and evolve the design with stakeholders and team, to ensure the integrity of the design is upheld in the delivered product or service
- Strong modern UX skillset
- Demonstrates knowledge of best practices in UX Patterns, web standards, mobile design patterns.
- Demonstrates ability to create click-through prototypes to test and evaluate working hypothesis with users.
- Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- English: Fluent
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 2+ year of UX design experience
- Knowledge of design tools including Adobe Creative Suite
- Visual portfolio that displays a solid understanding of design principles and interface design
- Readiness to travel 5% annually
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]