Location: Broomfield, CO
Join our team of passionate and hard-working associates, and help make a difference in peoples lives by creating software that enables business users to solve problems using data that were previously thought to be unsolvable, save them days, weeks and months of mundane data prep and blending, and help them truly love their jobs again.
Alteryx, Inc. is looking for a talented User Experience/ User Interface Designer for our Creative Services team. Designers at Alteryx thrive when solving challenging design problems around data analytics. Success relies on open communication and creative analysis. Research helps us answer tough design questions and we are looking for seasoned design professionals with inquisitive minds to help us develop creative solutions to challenging problems. Confidence and decision-making skills are key. You will work closely with our product management and development teams to bring your concepts and designs to life in our desktop and web products.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the application design lifecycle within an Agile environment. This should include proficiency in experience design, knowledge in user research and testing, and strong visual design skills. Experience with complex enterprise software and windows applications is a plus.
Please provide a portfolio when applying to this position.
What you will be doing:
- Design wireframes, interactive prototypes, and visual design mock-ups that translate business needs and user stories into intuitive and engaging experiences.
- Provide UI and UX evaluation and design for our full technology platform, including windows and web-based products.
- Collaborate with product managers and developers to estimate scope and adjust priorities.
- Work closely with the development teams to guide the implementation of designs.
- Participate in user research and testing to continually search for improvements to the user experience.
- Produce UI and Graphic Design assets for product development teams.
- Integrate corporate branding and develop style guides that provide consistent interfaces for existing and new products.
- Travel opportunities up to once per quarter to meet with customers.
- 3 years of experience in a UX/UI role
- Experience designing Windows desktop, enterprise, SaaS, and web products
- Ability to balance requirements for our new users and learnability of our products without hampering expert users who make full use of advanced functionality
- Fluency in prototyping tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch or Axure.
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices
- Demonstrable history of working with engineering teams to deliver projects
- BS/BA Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Portfolio demonstrating interaction and visual interface design skills
- Knowledge of, HTML, CSS, or software programming languages is a plus
- Familiarity with databases and/or big data is a plus.
Alteryx, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Alteryx, Inc. is a rapidly growing leader in self-service data analytics – breaking barriers and democratizing the process of empowering hundreds of employees within a single enterprise to become citizen data scientists. More than 2,500 customers from world-class leading brands, including Experian, [...]