Underwriting Specialist I or II DOE
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Bring your experience to a role where you will:
- Process applications in an accurate and timely fashion ensuring eligibility criteria is met
- Provide customer service to those inquiring about potential or pending policies
Skills and abilities needed for success:
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, initiative and discretion in a mature, sensitive and confidential manner
- Ability to type 30 wpm with 95% accuracy
- Computer skills including experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) or comparable software and ability to learn and use complex systems
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with coworkers and customers
- Proven ability to be dependable and maintain attendance and production standards at or above department standards
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Additional Minimum Requirements for UW Specialist II:
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills and ability to investigate and resolve more complex issues than the UW Specialist I
- Demonstrated ability to consistently meet productivity and quality standards with minimal support
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence customers to take action
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- UW Specialist I would have a High School diploma or GED and 1 year medical office, customer service or call center experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- UW Specialist II would have a High School diploma or GED, 1 year as an UW Specialist, and either completion of medical terminology course or one year in clinical setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is pay level 10 or 11 depending on experience.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]