We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with each other to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of the most stunning games in the industry along with deep player experiences.
What does a UI Software Engineer on Frostbite do?
We develop tools, workflows, and runtime features that support the diverse UI needs of game teams throughout the world.
Design, build, and maintain the tools, features, and pipelines necessary for game developers to build UI content, including:
- Creating layouts that work on multiple platforms and aspect ratios
- Animating UI content in response to game state or user actions
- Managing and processing user input across a variety of input devices
- Binding and displaying game data within the UI
- Gather requirements from game team developers and write technical design specifications for the implementation of each new feature
- Build sample content, detailed documentation, and training materials for game team UI developers
- Provide support to game team UI developers by addressing any bugs/issues and coordinating cooperative development of key features
- Drive usage of coding best practices and standards
- Provide mentorship to other team members and review architecture/designs in order to provide peers with feedback
- Contribute to technical discussions across the Frostbite organization
- Suggest and implement various improvements to workflows and processes to increase the effectiveness of the team
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- Object-oriented programming experience and excellent understanding of OO design principles
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Demonstrated experience in the UI domain and in tool development (not strictly web development)
- Understanding of memory management, profiling, and optimizations in a resource constrained platform
- Able to own features, put together technical proposals and software estimates, and drive features to completion
- Able to quickly identify, debug, and resolve issues in familiar and unfamiliar code
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience working in a game engine with an integrated workflow IDE (e.g. Unity, Unreal Engine, etc.)
- Experience with C# and WPF
- Multi-threaded programming and debugging experience
- Experience developing AAA titles for the Xbox One or PS4
- Experience with agile/scrum processes
What else is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. At EA, we live the “work hard/play hard” credo every day.
We Thought You Might Also Want to Know:
- How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
- More job openings for the Frostbite team
- More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/orlando
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.