UI Lead Developer: Web and Mobile Apps
Mobile and UI Software Lead Developer
The Cambia Consumer Solutions (CCS) team is building new and innovative consumer-centric healthcare products which aid people in making smarter healthcare decisions for themselves and those they care for. We are looking for a strong UI and Mobile engineer to help lead and guide our growing team.
Responsibilities & Requirements
What you’ll do:
- Lead our front end and middle tier web development efforts, acting as a critical resource for integration with backend engineering teams.
- Provide architectural guidance for our front-end tech stack and back end RESTful API designs.
- Act as a team champion by unblocking, estimating scope, coordinating resources, tracking progress, and inspiring others.
- Act as a leader to maintain a strong partnership between design, research, analytics, and engineering, collectively working to create great experiences.
Members of the team enjoy:
- Contributing to the success of a company committed to its consumers and their values
- Seeing your creations be used by real people to solve real problems
- Continuously improving processes to deliver the best products
- Small teams wherein your input has nothing to do with your title or rank and everything to do with your contribution to the team’s success
- Short feedback loops with engaged product owners
- Apply modern agile principles to continuously deliver value
Preferred skills, knowledge, experience:
- Strong experience in mobile and web application development and delivery
- Strong understanding of design principles, methodologies, and patterns
- Exposure to code control system, continuous integration and build tools
- Experienced with testing in the front-end with goals toward continuous integration and deployment.
- Experience with React and React Native a plus
- Exposure to TypeScript, Redux and GraphQL
- Exposure to and desire to work in, a strong team-based environment
- Experience with modern Agile methodologies such as SCRUM and TDD
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]