Industrial Toys, creators of Midnight Star and Midnight Star: Renegade, is ramping up to start its next adventure and looking for new team members to help make it the best yet. Building on hard-won knowledge as an indie studio, we've joined forces with EA to realize our vision of what it means to be "Mobile To The Core!" If you're interested in creating innovative experiences that will reach mobile players around the world, join up today!
We are seeking a talented Engineer to join our UI/UX group to help create world class experiences for our players. You will collaborate with Designers, Artists and other Engineers to implement UI systems. Our goal is to create an intuitive mobile interface to a complex first-person game.
- Write new and maintain existing UI code in C++ to support the UI in both the metagame and action-game portions of the project
- Implement and integrate UI content into the game using a proprietary toolset
- Profile and optimize UI performance
- Partner with UI Artists, UX Designers and Game Designers to bring the team’s vision to life
Required Technical Skills
- Experience shipping or publishing multiple projects in a team environment
- Proficiency in C++
- Understanding of client/server architecture
Preferred Skills and Experience
- The ideal candidate has implemented UI for at least one published video game title
- Experience using scripting languages like Python or Lua to implement UI
- Avid gamer with a passion for creating top-quality games
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and desire to work with other game developers in a cooperative team environment
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Dependability and commitment to projects/tasks
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.