Ultimate Software is seeking a Trust Accounting Analyst to support the Trust Accounting team. This role will be involved in developing and gathering key business metrics & reporting that drives decision making and process improvements for the Select Services organization. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Apply and leverage understanding of business processes affecting the metrics reported on.
- Manage the daily and monthly gathering of data.
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues.
- Collaborate with internal customers to enhance reporting tools, business processes, analytics, and special projects.
- Drive process improvements based on analysis performed.
- Participate in departmental continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the Trust Accounting department.
- Serve as back up for month end reporting to the Corporate Accounting team.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of experience with a track record of driving results in business analysis and process improvement.
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- Bachelor's Degree with major area of concentration BS in Finance, Accounting, or Statistics
- Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
- Ability to analyze and critically interpret data.
- Ability to work independently to execute and manage multiple projects at one time and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear, straightforward, and professional manner.
- Ability to interact positively and communicate with all levels of management, internal and external auditors and outside contacts.
- Proficiency utilizing software applications and advanced functions (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Industry knowledge is a plus, but not required.
- Masters degree preferred, but not required.
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Excellent customer service skills
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as experienced in handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Excels in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Looks for new and creative ways to solve problems or improve processes
- Issue resolution skills
- Strong analysis skills with the ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment
- Effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contractors/auditors, and to work effectively in a professional team environment
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
- Less than 10%
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact email@example.com.