Job Title: Tooling Machinist
Location: Stanley Hand Tools – New Britain Tape Plant
Reports to: Facilities Manager
WHO IS STANLEY BLACK & DECKER?
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what vehicle you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. Our purpose is to create the innovative solutions for those that make the world.
Click on the link to learn more about how it is our purpose to innovate for those that make our world!
WHY WORK FOR STANLEY BLACK & DECKER?
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable things.
As a Fortune 500 Company that was recently named one of the Top 100 Companies for Millennial Women and one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies, Stanley Black and Decker always strives for excellence when it comes to our employees. We are a stable yet always advancing company with a proven track record for longevity and quality.
The individual in this classification must be able to perform skilled level work in the fabrication, assembly, maintenance and repair of a variety of machine parts. Machinists must employ a high degree of accuracy and precision in performing work according to instructions and specifications. Assignments are received in the form of oral instruction, sketches, blueprints and/or worn or broken parts. Work methods and procedures are determined by the employee or, as required, with help from engineering or supervision. All work is subject to inspection upon completion for quality and conformity with applicable requirements. The individual must also have the ability to perform minor and miscellaneous work outside the realms of the machinist trade. The individual will be expected to have basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing and tool & die trades.
- Fabricates, maintains and repairs parts through the operation of lathes, vertical milling machines, drill presses, hydraulic presses and similar toolroom equipment
- Measures work precisely through the use of typical measuring devices
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality service
- Able to perform miscellaneous work and tasks of other skilled trades (i.e. electrical, plumbing, tool & die)
- Troubleshooting abilities
- Compliance to all Plant Environmental, Health and Safety policies and Environmental and OSHA regulatory requirements.
- Job related material
- The tools, materials, methods and standard practices of the machinist’s trade
- The hazards and safety precautions of the machinist’s trade
- Visualize parts or equipment that need to be made from rough sketches and oral instructions
- Use graphic instructions such as blueprints, sketches, models or other visual aids
- Remain in standing position for extended periods of time and/or bend or stoop repeatedly or continually over time
- Learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job setting
- Work cooperatively with others skilled, non-skilled union personnel, engineering and supervision
- Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others
- May need to work extended hours, weekend hours, off-shift hours as required
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
One year experience as a skilled machinist and completion of a state recognized machinist apprenticeship program, or, three years of experience as a skilled machinist. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted at the discretion of the employer.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.