Job DescriptionPURPOSE OF POSITIONStanley Black & Decker is seeking a Tooling Engineer at Stanley Black & Decker’s manufacturing plant near Dallas, TX. Since 1843, Stanley Black and Decker has been committed to innovation and social responsibility, while becoming a leader in multiple industries. Stanley Black & Decker is creating a new state of the art facility for mechanics hand tools to support its Made in USA vision. The new factory will utilize Industry 4.0 “smart factory” initiatives. The facility will utilize many of the latest advancements in IoT, cloud computing, robotics and automation.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement wide range of tooling for manufacturing processes (e.g., cold forming dies, punches, progressions; warm forging dies; trim dies; pierce dies; machining fixtures; assembly fixtures)
- Work closely with Design Teams, Manufacturing, Quality and external vendors to design, develop, procure and qualify tooling to support forging, machining, and assembly
- Provide Design for Assembly feedback to Design Teams to improve product design for more robust and repeatable processes and fixtures
- Create detailed CAD drawings from models or concept drawings that are suitable for tooling makers.
- Work closely with tool maker to develop prototype tooling and mass production that meets PPAP and process capability requirements.
- Provide product and tooling troubleshooting support and continuous improvement solutions.
- Design & develop gauging to support on-line and incoming inspection quality requirements
- Utilize standard ergonomic principles when designing tooling and gauging
- Deliver 3D models and 2D prints for all tooling, gages and poka-yoke devices
- Work with Quality department to qualify fixtures and gages through capability studies and gage R&R analysis (gages)
Associate degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
Required experience and skills include:
5+ years of experience with the following:
- Tool design experience
- knowledge of materials, hot work steels, carbide…
- 2+ years of gauge / fixture design experience a plus
- Mechanical design experience and familiarity with basic GD&T required
- Basic understanding of pneumatics, electronics and mechanical devices required
- Basic understanding of statistical tools and analysis required
- Experience working with forging presses, trimming presses, roll forming processes, and cold forming headers is a plus
- Analytical & detail oriented
- Must be willing to be hands on, and work closely with all levels of the organization
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Computer skills: CAD software (ProE, AutoCAD) required
- Able to manage multiple projects, prioritize tasks and work under pressure
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world’s most valuable objects.