Expedia Global Payments (EGP) is responsible for designing, building and operating a unique set of payment services for Expedia Inc.'s brands such as Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, HomeAway, Egencia, and the Expedia Affiliate Network. We do this accurately and at scale, processing over $63 billion payments in 45+ currencies in over 155 countries every year across diverse payment options.
Technology and innovation are at the heart of our organization. EGP offers a highly dynamic set of services that enable customers from all over the world to pay for travel in a variety of ways. Our services are the nexus of a globally distributed system that spans many organizations. Our roadmap is deep and with innovative programs to further improve our service availability, reduce the cost of payment processing, provide new payment methods for global expansion and build our supplier facing products. You will also be a major part of the migration of our services to Amazon Web Services. This opportunity presents you with great technical challenges and the ability to have a tremendous business impact.
The Platform Operations team provides 24/7 operational support for every EGP service running in our production environment. This includes investigating and resolving high-impact incidents, deploying software updates into production, and helping to improve the monitoring and alerting of all the production services. The Platform Operations team is essential in maintaining a positive and successful payment experience for the Expedia Inc.’s customers.
In this position, you have the opportunity to lead a talented team of engineers that help support the next generation of innovative payment solutions used by millions of customers across the Expedia brands worldwide. You will be joining an exceptional organization who have established a strong track record for reliability and operational excellence.
Successful candidates have an established track record of supporting the operational needs for complex distributed software systems, a keen technical aptitude, excellent project management and communication skills, and are driven to achieve results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Hire and develop top talent within your own team and participate in hiring across other teams.
- Provide coaching on all relevant competencies for the engineers in your own team and others as needed.
- Act as a catalyst to drive your staff’s career development by providing actionable feedback, coaching and finding opportunities within and outside of your team.
- Work with your peers and team to establish and administer processes and solutions to ensure platform health.
- Ensure we know when we have a problem. Work with the development teams to ensure alerts are effective.
- Be the back-stop for service health. You will have the right and responsibility to stop any changes to EGPs services that you think aren’t ready.
- Keep our customers and teams informed and aligned with issues or major changes in our services.
- Perform reviews of all designs to make sure that they address failure modes, scalability, security and are suitable for tier 1 services.
- Ensure all applicable security and compliance controls are functioning correctly for the EGP Platform.
- Promote and demonstrate the Operational Excellence mentality within your team.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years management experience in a development operations environment leading engineering teams.
- Experience in incident management and how to quickly investigate and resolve high-impact incidents.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems.
- Strong working knowledge of software development technologies, specifically high-volume solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus across the enterprise.
- Self-motivated, able to deal with ambiguity, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines within short time constraints
- A track record of developing your reports to meet their career goals.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prior experience with e-Commerce systems, Payments Solutions and Providers is a big plus.
- Prior experience of building and managing services in AWS.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
We share your passion for travel. And, like any good traveler, we’re fueled by curiosity and a desire to find a better way to get where we are going. Our teams are emboldened by a "Test & Learn" culture that encourages learning from all outcomes, not simply rewarding the positive ones. We combine [...]