As a Technical Writer for EA Sports, your primary focus will be delivering best in class writing for one of the industry’s top sports games. Your words and ideas will be seen (and played!) by millions of fans and will help shape an unforgettable interactive experience.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Maintaining a deep understanding of basketball (professional, college, and streetball) and its cultural trends.
- Awareness of broadcast techniques and trends for commentary teams
- Maintaining tonal consistency that is authentic to the culture of the sport and within the boundaries of the game’s creative vision.
- Frequently collaborating with many subject matter experts in game development, including designers, artists, producers, project managers, audio engineers, UI talent, technical designers, programmers, and other writers.
- At least two years of professional experience writing about sports, either as journalist, blogger, or writer for sports entertainment or news.
- Experience writing for an interactive medium is a huge plus.
- Sports gaming experience desired, but not required
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and hit deadlines consistently
- Must feel comfortable writing in spreadsheets (Excel) and other productivity tools.
When applying, if you could please provide a link to your portfolio or works online. Additionally, you may be asked to take a writing test.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.