Job TitleTechnical Services Consultant 3
In this role, you have the opportunity to…
Provide guidance and implements the right solution to empower customers and ensure they get the most out of Philips solutions. The ideal candidate is a technical hands-on expert that is responsible for executing the technical activities and deliverables during implementation projects with the aim to drive customer success. The SW Technical Consultant works with a variety of customers across the globe to conceptualize, design and optimize Philips solutions and customer workflow. Designing for these unique environments requires strong, proven design talent and a deep knowledge of technical and customer best practices in a variety of environments.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
- Scoping, designing, building, deploying and/or integrating software solutions
- Fulfilling software implementation deliverables such as detailed design documentation, system build, configuration and testing
- Analyzes the unique business, technical and clinical customer requirements to design, build and/or integrate the most appropriate solution
- Based on customer requirements, serves as a consultant to provide technical recommendations that best suit the environment
- Mentors and trains customers to maintain their systems
- Is a customer advocate and leverages insights to drive product decisions
- Resolve technical issues and offer proactive technical support
- Documentation of solutions to ensure support teams and other consultants can participate in support and onward development
- Contributes to the collective learning of Philips, seeking to share knowledge globally; assesses and shares repeatable processes that can be leveraged across multiple projects
- Practices strong configuration management and version control
- Is a key member of the implementation project and/or support team; fosters collaboration through sharing experiences, information, perspectives, skills and expertise
- Drives continuous improvements of our implementation methodology and service offerings based on customer feedback
- Represents Philips professionally in both customer and internal team situations
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Relevant BA/BS degree
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- Relevant technical certification preferred
- A strong understanding of client/server technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of computer operating systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows environments & Database Server implementation/administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge of High Availability/Clustering installation and administration.
- Detailed knowledge of load balancing solutions and associated networking issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of web-based applications.
- Thorough knowledge of audio and/or video hardware and software.
- Addresses complex and abstract problems
- Strong communication skills as the role is customer-focused and will involve managing customer and stakeholder expectations
- Works independently with little supervision and may be involved in custom project work
- Objectives are clearly defined, freedom is permitted to achieve desired results
- Successfully completes increasingly more complex work that require seasoned technical and consulting skills
- Customer-focused with the consistent ability to keep the needs of the customer at the forefront of his or her actions
- Strong attention to detail
- Capacity to react quickly to problems as they arise and meet deadlines under pressure
- Works effectively with highly demanding professionals who value precision, preparation, and a sense that their time is being used well
In return, we offer you
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and fully exploit your talents. This job comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits and up-to-date training.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, and protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.