Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager
Responsibilities & Requirements
The Cambia Technology Office (CTO) is looking for a technical project manager to deliver key initiatives aligned to the One Cambia technology strategy - a strategy that, at its core, will help transform Cambia's software development processes, products, and platforms to better serve healthcare consumers.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
At Cambia, the Technical Project Manager manages work efforts from concept through close-out and supports the management of work efforts of varying complexity and technical scope. If you are a hands-on project manager with experience delivering complex, multi-team, interconnected technical solutions, this role is for you! Experience with microservices, APIs, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, and cloud computing preferred, but not required.
- Responsible for work effort outcomes through supporting collection of estimates, effective planning, task definition, scope management, resource allocation and negotiation, risk mitigation, cost management, and stakeholder communication.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on work effort tasks, deliverables, costs, resources, issues, changes, risks and quality assurance. This includes responsibility for monitoring measures and milestones by defining, collecting and analyzing metrics to ensure work efforts are on target.
- Creates and maintains plans and other documentation in compliance with established standards. This includes schedules and budgets, and plans for quality, resources, communications and risks.
- Develops and maintains the overall work effort documentation library ensuring that all documentation is established, maintained and retained as necessary.
- May act as vendor manager for key relationships.
- Prepares status and other reports, and presents information to organizational leadership, work teams, and client/customer groups.
- Responsible for supporting multiple work efforts ensuring timely deliverables within budgetary constraints and proactively recommends courses of action to maintain cost effectiveness.
- Contributes to the development of, and ensure adherence to, company adopted project management methods.
- Responsible for project management activities in accordance with generally accepted Project Management policies and standards.
- Remains current on new project management methodology.
- Ensures timely resolution of problems within the scope of the assignment(s).
- May participate as a key member of an agile team and may perform ScrumMaster role.
Additional General Functions & Outcomes for Technical Project Manager II
- Responsible for overseeing multiple work efforts ensuring timely delivery within budgetary constraints.
- Manage the overall work effort plan(s). Prepares and presents work effort plans and status reports to organizational leadership, teams, and client/customer groups.
- Plan, direct, coordinate and report project management activities in accordance with the generally accepted project management policies and standards.
- Assemble work effort team, assign individual responsibilities, identify appropriate resources and provide guidance and direction to team members.
- May act as ScrumMaster for one or more Agile teams.
Additional General Functions & Outcomes for Technical Project Manager III
- Manages largest and most complex work efforts for the business area.
- Mentor and develop project management skills in project managers. Mentor other team members as necessary.
Additional General Functions & Outcomes for Technical Project Manager IV
- May act as ScrumMaster for more than one Agile teams.
- May provide oversight to other Technical Project Manager work efforts.
- May define or facilitate process and delivery improvements.
- Familiarity with the Project Management Institute (PMI) Guide and the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) including understanding of the project lifecycle.
- Demonstrated high-level technical understanding of business requirements as they pertain to Project Management principles and the project lifecycle including demonstrated excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage small, less complex work efforts, demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimum supervision and demonstrated ability to work with business sponsors and partners to identify and implement solutions including demonstrated ability to motivate teams to achieve defined deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems, mediate issues, develop solutions and implement a course of action.
- Demonstrated success at meeting budget, timelines, and requirement targets and managing variances.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools and automated project management software.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills including writing, presenting, listening, and facilitating and including demonstrated experience presenting to work effort participants, stakeholders and all levels of management.
- Ability to identify milestones/deliverable delays and critical resource allocation issues from the work breakdown schedule.
- Demonstrated understanding of Agile delivery methodologies.
- For infrastructure teams, demonstrated understanding of ITIL Framework Governance and guidelines.
In addition, the Technical Project Manager II would have:
- Ability to manage work efforts of medium size and moderate complexity.
- Demonstrated functional competencies including: Budgeting, Change Management, Client Management, Methodology Approach and Business Life Cycle, Mission/Vision/Strategy, Planning and Organization, Risk Management, Agile delivery methodologies.
In addition, the Technical Project Manager III would have:
- Demonstrated ability to manage large scale, highly complex work efforts successfully and within budgetary guidelines.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills including ability to influence without authority.
- Demonstrated applied success in leading multi-disciplinary, high-performance work teams.
- Demonstrated success at mentoring and developing project management skills in more junior project managers.
- ScrumMaster Certification (CSM) or PMI-ACP certification (PMI Agile Certified Practitioner) is preferred.
In addition, the Technical Project Manager IV would have:
- Demonstrated ability in mentoring, training, and providing oversight for other Technical Project Managers, and demonstrated leadership in defining and implementing process or delivery improvements.
- Demonstrated success at leading vendor work efforts.
- ScrumMaster Certification (CSM) or PMI-ACP certification (PMI Agile Certified Practitioner) required with demonstrated experience working with an agile or technical team.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- The Technical Project Manager II would have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field and a minimum five years progressive project management experience to include managing multiple projects concurrently or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The Technical Project Manager III would have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field and a minimum seven years progressive project management experience to include managing multiple, large scale or highly complex projects concurrently, with a ScrumMaster Certification (CSM) or PMI-ACP certification (PMI Agile Certified Practitioner) preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The Technical Project Manager IV would have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field and a minimum nine years progressive project management experience to include managing multiple, large scale or highly complex projects concurrently, and ScrumMaster Certification (CSM) or PMI-ACP certification (PMI Agile Certified Practitioner) required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position is posted at levels II – IV DOE.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]