Interviewing is a universal experience, but it is no one’s job
Interviews are the gateway between people and jobs--they are a critical connection point. And yet, while the interview is a universal experience, it has never been recognized as its own discipline. In fact, the vast majority of people conducting interviews receive no formal training in how to do so.
Karat is the market leader in Interview Engineering
At Karat, our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. To do so, we created and established the category of Interview Engineering.
Karat conducts technical interviews on behalf of organizations hiring software engineers. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured-interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, PayPal, Citrix, Intuit, and InVision.
Content at Karat
The Content Engineering Team at Karat is dedicated to the creation and testing of the questions that are part of the most predictive and fair technical interviews available to software engineering candidates. Content Engineers improve and refine interview modalities that are proven to generate a signal from our interviews while researching and exploring new ways to achieve even more signal. The work done by Content Engineers directly impacts candidates by helping them highlight their skills to future employers in the first-round technical interview with higher fidelity. .
- Work with multiple stakeholders, including customer success and technical alignment teams, to understand business needs for our existing interview product
- Work with our mentoring and performance management teams to ensure that every interview outcome is aligned with those needs
- Ensure the continued high quality of Karat's interviews and content by identifying and correcting issues in our interview product
- Act as the "IP owner" for Karat's interview guidelines, rubrics, and training program
- Work with Karat's content developers to triage technical issues in our content
- 2+ years program management experience
- Experience with assessments, interviewing, and/or teaching
- Some previous software engineering experience
- Experience working as a hiring manager is preferred
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
With thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Interviewing today is oftentimes unstructured, time-intensive and prone to bias. The technical interview process has become a burden for companies and frustrating for candidates. At Karat, we've combined rich data and research with our shared experiences across engineering, recruiting and [...]