TECHNICAL LEAD, COLLABORATION TECHNOLOGY
The Collaboration Technical Lead is responsible for on-going management of Bain’s Collaboration environments, including troubleshooting technical problems, testing, solution implementation and maintenance of existing environments. The Tech Lead is responsible for helping set general strategy around projects, taking the lead in implementing specific projects and overseeing junior team members. Technical responsibilities cover configuration and project delivery using K2 and SharePoint, both on-premise and in the Microsoft cloud. The Tech Lead represents the Collaboration Team within TSG and is responsible for working with the Infrastructure team to plan for the efficient usage of Bain’s SharePoint-related technology infrastructure. The job emphasizes leadership, independence, teamwork, communication and problem solving. The Technical Lead oversees and supports the day to day activities of their direct reports and is responsible for their long term professional development.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Take the lead on the team in overseeing the overall process of deploying and configuring Bain’s SharePoint-based environments.
- Oversee all changes to Bain’s on-premise and cloud-based SharePoint Environments, as well as Bain’s K2 environment.
- Coordinate the work of direct reports and other team members as it pertains to Case Cloud, Communities, Bain Collaboration Platform and SharePoint Online.
- Work with other TSG teams to ensure the long term health of collaboration systems; plan for ongoing stability and upgrades of on-premise infrastructure
- Oversee support of SharePoint based solutions. Create and publish support guidelines for customizations, train helpdesks and assist end users and local helpdesk teams. Review materials created by junior team members.
- Ensure all solutions are stored in Bain’s source control and deployments are managed rigorously
- Ensure proper QA is performed
- Work with business analysts to refine project requirements and perform technical design
- Provide support to other team members in troubleshooting problems that arise; review solutions and troubleshooting steps. Serve as escalation point for problematic issues. Work with software vendors to resolve problems.
- Work with the Senior Manager to set the overall direction of the team.
- Help shape overall project approach in conjunction with other senior team members and the Senior Manager.
- Serve as an escalation point for team members supporting the organization on issues related to SharePoint.
- Oversee the activities of the direct reports:
- Provide guidance and direction where necessary, assist in issue resolution, balance competing interests, and escalate significant concerns as appropriate
- Ensure the continued professional development of direct reports; liaise with Senior Manager to identify professional development opportunities, reviewing skill plans, suggesting trainings, and writing and delivering consensus reviews
- Assist in development of Collaboration Technology strategy
- Be an active participant in the team’s agile working environment:
- Present at standup meetings
- Assist Business Analysts with creation of backlog items
- Claim tasks from backlog and complete them
- Help determine QA requirements. Coordinate with testing resources where necessary
- Estimate effort for activities; help other team members with estimation
- Lead in team planning and retrospective meetings
- Drive approach to the prompt resolution of user issues; develop and monitor metrics to ensure service levels are adhered to
- Other duties related to Collaboration Technology as necessary.
- Strong English spoken and written communication and customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or a related field
- Proven aptitude working with enterprise software
- 4 to 7 years of experience in the IT field, including at least 3 years working with SharePoint
- Ability to coordinate teams in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Strong people, analytic and problem solving skills
- High performance and standards as demonstrated by academic or previous job experience
Bain & Company is a leading management consulting firm. We work with change-oriented executives to help them make better decisions, convert those decisions to actions and deliver the sustainable success they desire. We advise global leaders on their most critical issues and opportunities across all [...]