Are you looking to combine your writing skills with your love of learning new technologies? Are you as comfortable on the command line as you are writing clear and effective prose? If so, we'd love to talk to you.
We are building out our technical content team at Datadog, the leading service for cloud-scale monitoring. Our team produces in-depth articles about monitoring and application performance for a highly technical audience of software developers and ops engineers.
- Pitch, research, and write articles that are authoritative, practical, and clear, such as:
- Deep dives on modern technologies
- In-depth monitoring guides and tutorials
- Customer case studies
- Continually measure reader engagement with content, and iterate to improve content definition, craft, and distribution.
- You are a polished writer, with samples of your work to share
- You have at least some code in a publicly available repo
Successful candidates will be comfortable researching new technologies, learning how to use them, and reducing their complex workings to clear prose. You will have the support of Datadog engineers and other technical staff when you need an expert opinion.
- Opportunity: Datadog more than doubled in size in 2016, and was highlighted by Business Insider as one of the “enterprise startups to bet your career on in 2017.”
- Culture: We are enthusiastic, humble, open, and precise. We value inclusivity, creativity, and collaboration.
- Perks: Datadog offers a generous benefit package, including employer-sponsored health coverage, open paid time off, and a fitness reimbursement. Our Manhattan office features unparalleled 360-degree views from the 45th floor. Datadog provides a stocked fridge and catered lunches three days a week.
The women of Datadog help empower each other through monthly women’s lunches, after work events, and the Womenofdatadog Slack channel. Datadog also offers a mentor and buddy program, financial advisory services, our volunteer Datadog Cares initiatives, discretionary time off to help create a work-life balance, 12 weeks of maternity leave (fully paid), and covers a portion of fertility treatments.