Ultimate Software's Perception product offers a modern way for collecting and understanding employee engagement survey feedback, helping businesses enhance the employee experience and improve performance. Powered by Xander®, Ultimate’s advanced portfolio of artificial intelligence technologies, Perception helps organizations uncover not only what employees are saying, but also how they truly feel about the workplace and leadership.
We believe in:
- People over process. We think that processes should make it easier for us to deliver quality products faster together. We strive to understand why processes are in place, and work to change them if they just don't work.
- Ideas over titles. We treat everyone's voice on the team equally regardless of title or seniority. We want everyone to feel comfortable contributing ideas, because we build better products when we consider multiple perspectives.
- Every person on the team owns the quality, security and the stability of our product.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of new features and implementations of new technologies and frameworks.
- Present and explain technical concepts to a wide-variety of stakeholders and end-users.
- Mentor other software engineers on the team helping them grow their technical and non-technical knowledge.
- Foster the culture of delivering quality software in a timely manner and continuously improve the development process.
- Lead technical initiatives within the team.
- Promote innovation and keep team up-to-date on latest and greatest industry trends.
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience architecting and developing large scale systems.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills in a cross-functional environment.
- Excited to mentor and teach other team members.
- Motivated to drive technical initiatives.
- Extensive experience with Python or similar language for software development and architecture.
- Written and implemented automated unit, integration, and system tests.
- Comfortable working with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Elasticsearch.
- Contributed to and supported multiple products that went to production.
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or other equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker, and public cloud providers such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon AWS, etc.
- Experience working with continuous delivery process.
- Experience with agile software development practices such as Kanban or Scrum.
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
- Less than 10 %
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]