Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mentor other developers on the team, fostering an environment of continued learning and improvement
- Empower the team to deliver quality software in a timely manner and continuously improve the development process
- Work with Business Analysts, Project Manager, Product Manager and other stakeholders to understand the product vision and feature requirements and help the team establish a technical approach to delivering features that is in line with architectural norms and best practices
- Foster adoption of architectural direction established in conjunction with the architecture team
- Participate with architects and peer tech leads to enhance functionality, performance, scalability, stability, reliability, usability, security, and other quality criteria across the organization
- Combine deep technical expertise with refined communication skills so as to regularly converse with a wide range of our users and stakeholders
- Lead technical initiatives within development teams and across other technical areas
- Participate in Architecture Reviews for technology decisions
- Promote innovation and keep teams abreast of industry trends
- Prototype solutions, technologies and frameworks
- Self-motivated, positive team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience mentoring other Software Engineers
- 7+ years of experience in web technologies utilizing REST
- Rock solid experience with C#, you know how to apply the best practices.
- Experience writing and implementing automated unit, system, and integration tests
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills
- Proficient with SQL Server, RabbitMQ, and Git
- Proficient with CQRS and Event Sourcing
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker, and public cloud deployment platforms
- Strong experience working with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Knowledge of microservices architecture
- Experience with Enterprise Application Integration platform (MuleSoft, SnapLogic etc.) is a plus
- Strong use of source code repositories (git, TFS), including branching and merging strategy
- Experience with agile software development practices such as Kanban or Scrum
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact email@example.com.