Ultimate Software is seeking Tech Lead to support the ERP functional workstreams. This position demands strong technical and analytical skills. This position will work with both business and IT Team members to deliver best practices and meet the needs of the business.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Reviews technical designs for any custom extension on the project.
- Conducts technical code reviews and provides technical assistance to team members.
- Reviews business requirements and approves technical specifications requirements for all coding changes to software produced by team members and users before coding begins.
- Makes recommendations for new technical solutions or modifications that may improve accuracy and efficiency to meet user needs and improve business processes.
- Functions as a technical subject matter expert resource for other developers and analysts.
- Reviews and approves technical documentation of other team members and outside consultants.
- Provides assistance to team members and business analysts in the review of unit system testing plans and test scripts and supports the thorough testing of all software customizations, bolt-ons, and interfaces to facilitate user acceptance testing.
- Reviews the compliancy of established processes and procedures for ERP design and coding standards for all development efforts.
- Provides technical application support in accordance with SLAs established for services provided.
- Acts as a resource to assist On-deck resources with problem tickets related to issues, investigates issues, determines correct remedial action, or assigns to appropriate team member for remediation.
- Assists resource manager by providing input into employee evaluations for developers and analysts, relative to technical skills and ability to perform assigned work, and technical developmental needs.
- Stays current with evolving ERP and associated technologies.
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Extensive expertise in support Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
- Extensive expertise providing technical direction/guidance for enhancements/modification.
- Extensive knowledge of Finance and Operation business processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent coaching skills to assist with coaching developers and analysts.
- Advanced analytical, troubleshooting and technical issue resolution skills.
- Takes initiative for learning new high level technical skills.
Excellent skill in follow through to completion on projects.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and results driven.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation and relationship building skills.
- Strong problem solving skills including demonstrated ability to analyze issues and to work effectively with cross functional groups to craft solutions.
- Ability to understand the potential and limitations of technology and to effectively communicate this to others.
- Curiosity and passion for delivering high quality and innovative technical solutions.
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]