Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Park City Ticket Scanning team is a tight-knit group of professionals that are passionate about spreading their enthusiasm for our community, our mountain, and snow sports. Ticket scanners interact with every guest that visits our resort; engaging them as they load the lift, answering any questions they may have, and ensuring every guest has a proper ticket. The ideal scanning supervisor candidate is detail oriented, excels in a leadership position, has a passion for providing exceptional guest service, an ability to stay positive during challenging situations, and an eagerness to provide our scanners and guests with the Experience of a Lifetime.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for supervising daily scan operations at your designated base area.
- Ensure timely and equitable break distributions for all staff.
- Monitor and adjust staffing levels according to business levels.
- Ensure all staff incentive compensation is recorded and collected at the end of each day.
- Provide training and guidance to staff and enforcing department policies.
- Conduct daily morning meetings with all scanning staff in designated base area.
- Effectively demonstrate the ability to learn, understand and communicate well with the guest about multiple product types and can easily adapt to changing pricing and product offerings.
- Communicate professionally in-person and over the phone and radio, to both internal and external guests. Follow proper radio protocols and procedures.
- Make suitable recommendations on products to meet the guests’ needs and the business objectives.
- Act as the main point of contact for particularly challenging ticket issue, fraudulent use cases, or other guest issues. Follow through until the issue is resolved to the best of your ability, involve manager when necessary.
- Ensure every liability form is returned and logged at the end of each day.
- Active collaboration with ticket office to ensure ticket resolution procedures are followed. Identify and recover guests who experience particularly challenging issues.
- Interview, hire and train scanning staff.
- Follow up with every fraudulent pass owner and ensure situation resolution according to SOP. Involve manager when necessary.
- Plan and execute on employee relations strategy to ensure an “experience of a lifetime” for all employees.
- Conduct on-mountain operational audits.
- Champion departmental safety initiatives, by ensuring all safety procedures are being followed across all aspects of scanning operations.
- Conduct staff performance shadowing and collection of operational KPIs.
- Perform various administrative duties such as completing daily reports, processing liability forms, etc.
- Development of staff through coaching, midseason reviews, end-of-season performance evaluations, discipline, and separations when necessary.
- Coordinate with IT to fix any gun or network issues that may arise.
- Professional and effective communication with guests and internal departments. Frequent contacts include Ticket Sales, Lift Operations, Security, Mountain Safety, SKi School and Ski Patrol.
- Foster a culture of fun within your team, department, and resort.
- At least 2 years of Guest Service Experience (required)
- At least 1 years of Leadership Experience (preferred)
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Must be motivated to develop as a leader.
- Ability to alternate between Canyons Village and Park CIty base areas.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions – including but not limited to snow, extreme cold, and wind.
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional demeanour at all times.
- Able to work unsupervised, including establishing priorities, working independently or within a group, and proceeding with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays as necessary.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 172393
You’re someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You’re brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle for less in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world’s most [...]