Are you ready to shape the world of 3D printing? Excited about the future of user-generated printable content? Love working on complex, rapidly evolving products that bridge the gap between digital and physical?
Shapeways is changing the way people can get access to and use 3D printing in their everyday lives. Our smart, engaged, fun team works with cutting-edge technology every single day. With offices in NYC and the Netherlands, we're bringing together passionate people to change the future and enable everyone to be a creator.
The talent acquisition team lead will play a key role in our global talent & people strategy. In this role, you will develop and execute scalable strategies to find and attract top talent across a broad range of functional areas and seniority levels within Shapeways. The talent acquisition team lead is a player-coach position. As coach, you will guide and mentor the team. As player, you will recruit top talent to join Shapeways.
Why is the Talent Acquisition Team Lead important to us? What is more important than finding and recruiting top talent to build the company?!
- In partnership with the head of HR, develop and execute strategic approach to achieve global company goals in staffing
- Evaluate and provide insights on recruitment standards and best practices
- Hands on full cycle recruiting
- Enable the recruiting team by managing, mentoring, coaching, and developing their performance
- Implement efficient, scalable recruiting business processes
- Develop and manage recruiting reports, dashboards, and metrics. Establish and track metrics to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the recruiting team, hiring managers, interviewers, and referrers
- Create and execute technical recruitment strategy, with a specific focus on attracting underrepresented talent
- Maintain positive relationships and build networks within technology circles
- Manage the full-cycle recruiting process from candidate identification through offer
- Be an evangelist for Shapeways and attracting top tech talent by attending recruiting events, meetups, and tech talks
- Build new recruiting processes to ensure a consistently exceptional candidate experience
- Empower interviewers and managers to use structured interview techniques to vet candidates effectively
- Conduct retrospectives to improve hiring processes; assess what went well and what could be improved for future searches
Your qualities and qualifications...
- 6+ years recruiting experience within growth-stage startups, and/or technology companies
- Demonstrated success in hiring technical talent (i.e. software engineers, product managers, etc.)
- Experience recruiting globally (we have offices in the US and Europe)
- Proven leadership experience directly managing recruiting teams in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Strategic thinker with exceptional data analysis and analytical skills
- Knowledge of technical experience, stacks and profiles of technical talent
- Creativity in problem-solving, resourcefulness, ability to be detail-oriented, strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with business partners, stakeholders, and team members
- Growth mindset, seeks feedback, and looks to continuously improve
- Process savvy, structured and holistic in approach
Why join our team?
Shapeways is breaking new ground in the field of 3D printing. With our website and marketplace for designers, our goal is to give everyone access to the revolution of additive manufacturing. This isn’t your typical web business – we have a physical product at the back end. If you’d like to work in a dynamic, collaborative, respectful environment where colleagues share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively, Shapeways is just what you’re looking for…
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package - We offer a great medical plan option that provides coverage to the employee for free
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor matching - Join the team and we will invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Generous Paid time off for new parents
- Ample Paid Time Off - PTO plus sick days. Whether it’s traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life.
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Learning and Development - We provide access to an e-learning platform that will expand your skill set and a recognition program that helps Shapies earn money to invest in their development.
- Unlimited 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy.
- Working with some of the most talented, passionate, creative innovators in NYC. Best culture out there!
You’ll also have the coolest desk toys anywhere. Fun is part of our DNA – a sense of humor is a must
We want the women of Shapeways to feel supported so we put effort into getting together for outings that include good women inspired conversation, food and drinks. We even have our own Slack Chat!
Overall Shapeways is committed to employing a diverse group of people that are passionate about our business. We have mentorship and leadership 1:1's in all departments career goals are clear and consistently discussed.
Because we strive to be a diverse group of people, our environment is rich with opportunities for women to learn, share and pursue career advancements. And let's not forget work life balance! In addition to our generous PTO program - for those women who are expanding their families - we have a great health care plan as well as 12 weeks paid time off.
Shapeways is the leading global B2C 3D printing community and marketplace. Printing in over 60 different materials and finishes, we've printed over 8 million products for our community, and enable 45,000+ shop owners to sell through our marketplace.