The Team Lead has the responsibility of managing the day-to-day activities. Key requirements include; Mentoring people, monitoring processes and ensuring technology is leveraged to exceed customer SLAs. Must actively support process and technology initiatives that will improve the operational performance and quality of the team while delighting customers. Must have the ability to manage difficult communications and ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally. This position will operate under the direction of the Manager.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all processes are executed to standard, with quality, and in a timely manner.
- Operates as the subject matter expert and provides functional direction in all areas for issue resolution
- Continuously looks for improvements in operational processes and designs and is responsible for partnering with the appropriate areas in order to implement those initiatives
- Identifies technology that is not being used or underutilized by team and helps to drive a standard for use and increased adoption
- Optimizes the contribution of the team through coaching and mentoring*
- Manage effective internal/external customer relationships
- Assist in the workload management and prioritization of day to day duties and projects
- May assist Manager in evaluating direct reports and may review the evaluations/development plans of others
- Defines and coordinates documenting and maintaining standards and reusable approaches within the Payment Services operations
- Assist Manager in identifying training needs for new or existing associates
- Assist Manager in ensuring coverage for Teams in the event of unexpected or planned absences.
- Provide leadership sign-off of processing and daily activities
- Serves as first point of escalation for all Service Line issues
- Responsible for monitoring completion of requirements and accountable for compliance and quality
- Attend and/or lead recurring service calls, business reviews and project debriefs for assigned customers
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
- Ensure daily workload and commitments have been completed timely and accurately within established guidelines
- Actively participate in the resolution of day to day issues that arise, including problems with customers, third parties, internal teams and our internal systems as needed
- Develop strong relationships with peers and our internal partners.
- Drive the establishment and refinement of the Ultimate Software Services methodology and best practices
- Coordinate, deliver and participate in Team training
- Team Lead’s dominant responsibilities are project management, tracking and supporting the team on key deliverables.
- Back-up to Manager when needed
- Effective communication skills; both verbal and written
- Excellent follow-up skills with team members
- Demonstrated ability to remain organized and multi-task
- Attention to detail is a must
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Serve as the subject matter expert in a role for a service provider or corporation
- Ability to lead and influence team members, customers and partners without direct reporting authority
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office Suite of software to include Outlook, Word and Excel
- Exposure to G Suite Tools to include Gmail, Sheet, Docs, and Slides
- Ability to look at technology available within a team and identify how it can be used in order to improve process
- Experience with Ultimate Software preferred
- Experience with Employer Tax Filing requirements and corresponding activities strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Proven track record of customer stabilization and subject matter expertise over multiple customers of varying complexity
- Leads by example
- Strong background in customer service and/or operations required
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations from it
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent preferred, at least five years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]