Systems Engineer - AV/Continuous Improvement
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Interactive
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Staff
JOB LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
Check us out on  The Muse,  Instagram and  YouTube for an inside look into 'Life At CBSi' through employee testimonials, office photos and company updates.
The IT Continuous Improvement Team focuses on the discovery, design, and integrations among modern technology tools tailoring to our employees and allowing them to work collaboratively and effectively. We are seeking an energetic team player/IT professional with wide range of experience in various IT technologies with exceptional experiences in Audio/Video hardware and standards. Our team currently manages Messaging (Slack & G-Suite), VOIP telephony, Zoom, billing optimization, company webcasting events, mobile security and device management, and audio/video/web conferencing solutions. As the Systems Engineer/AV, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining and improving our existing infrastructure as well as taking the lead on future projects.
The Systems Engineer/AV will play a pivotal role in driving through improvements of CBS Interactive’s collaborative technology stacks and in improving the technical efficacy of junior members of the team. The teams mission is to squeeze the maximum out of the collaborative technology stacks through optimization and finding creative ways to use the technology to enhance productivity and efficiencies throughout the business. The Systems Engineer/AV plays the central role in proactively and creatively improving our collaborative technology offerings.
- Lead proof-of-concept testing, implement, deploy, maintain and support future/current technologies pertaining to CBSi’s collaboration portfolio.
- Provide new technology/tool training for our customers. Partner and work with other IT teams in the organization to duplicate the effort to implement new IT technology and collaboration tools.
- Own the management of Zoom, Asana and other SaaS based technology solutions.
- Provide an easy-to-use and easy-to-manage conference room solution and improve users’ experiences.
- Design, standardize and maintain support contracts for all CBSi conference rooms.
- Be responsible for the operation of On-Prem & Cloud VOIP systems including enterprise contact centers.
- Coordinate and plan for all-hands streaming events. Travel to event location in advance to set up and perform the dry run test.
- Produce and improve all-hands streaming events.
- Collaborate with partners, vendors, and other team members on various IT projects.
- Be onsite as a point of escalation
- Key point of contact for executive team
- Update conference room technologies and hardware.
- Test and come up a portal solution for frequent all-hands streaming events.
- Acquisitions and new sites. Office relocation and remodeling projects.
- UCaaS rollout. Replacing current VOIP solution.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
- Strong Project Management, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and exceptional customer service skills
- 1-2 years VOIP experience
- Strong experience with Tricaster, BlackMagicDesign products and audio mixer board.
- Experience with Slack administration
- Ability to prioritize workload and handle multiple projects
- Must be able to meet deadlines and follow-through on all projects
- Google Suite experience preferred, but not required
You might also have -
- Experience working with API’s an advantage
- Familiarity with: Zoom, Revolabs hardware, Cisco/Polycom video codecs, WebEx, JIRA, ServiceNow, SaaS software solutions, Apple Mac Products
- Networking skills including but not limited to: switches, cabling, firewalls, VLAN, latency, SIP, QoS, MPLS, SIP gateway
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
CBS Corporation is a mass media company that creates and distributes industry-leading content across a variety of platforms to audiences around the world. The company has businesses with origins that date back to the dawn of the broadcasting age as well as new ventures that operate on the leading [...]