Systems Analyst I-II, Facets
Systems Analyst I-II, Facets
Portland, Seattle, Lewiston, or Salt Lake City
Responsibilities & Requirements
The Systems Analyst participates in a team environment for the development, maintenance and delivery of application systems as an integral part of a multi-functional team. This position is generally responsible for system, business and data analysis. This position provides business, analytical, design, interpersonal and administrative skills in performing day to day work. This position additionally ensures correct business functionality and engineering/technology standards are addressed within the computer applications.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
As a Systems Analyst, you will:
- Read and create simple structured specifications such as use cases, story cards.
- Read and understand simple design and business models.
- Write basic SQL queries, read simple data models.
- become familiar with metadata and relative importance.
- Understand and participate in the creation of deliverables.
- Manage tasks on smaller work efforts in support of the software development methodology.
- Actively acquire in depth knowledge of Health Insurance terminology and concepts.
- Provide estimates for small tasks increasing accuracy of the estimate as work effort progresses.
Additional responsibilities for level II
- Reads moderately and creates complex structured specifications such as use cases, story cards.
- Reads and understands moderately complex and creates simple design and business models.
- Provides support for projects during installation and post implementation.
- Reads most data models and has the ability to participate in logical data model creation.
- Writes moderately complex SQL queries.
- Provides estimates for moderate size tasks increasing accuracy of the estimate as work effort progresses.
- Manages tasks on moderate size enterprise-wide work efforts in support of the Project Results Office methodology.
- Delivers effective presentations. Encourages and skillfully manages questions. Produces effective presentation materials.
- Actively acquires in depth knowledge of Health Insurance terminology and concepts.
- Must have experience in Facets
- Experience with accumulators and/or claims is a plus
- Ability to work with teammates and with business partners to participate in sessions to gather, translate and document and system requirements to support transforming requirements into effective technology solutions.
- Ability to create simple story cards and understand simple acceptance criteria enough to verify results; develop simple technical documentation and understand technical documentation and concepts
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate one to one and small groups (3-5) of customers or other analysts for small work efforts.
- Ability to develop positive relationships among business partners, teammates and management
- Ability to follow direction, collaborate effectively with peers to provide results, and relay status to management and peers in a timely manner.
- Able to plan and manage his/her own work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to apply critical thinking and listening skills, rigorous logic and other methods to contribute to the solution of problems, looks beyond the obvious, asks probing questions, can see hidden problems, steps up to conflicts.
- Ability to have clear and direct written and verbal communications with others.
- Must have exposure and knowledge of common software development methodologies.
- Able to contribute to a QA strategy.
Additional Minimum Requirements for the level II
- Understands moderately complex acceptance criteria enough to verify results; develops technical documentation and can understand moderately complex technical documentation.
- Ability to facilitate and lead small teams (1-3) for moderate work efforts which includes estimating, coordinating, tracking progress, inspiring other to complete tasks on time, assisting with resolving issues.
- Able to participate in requirements sessions/interviews and document clear requirements for moderate work efforts.
- Mastering knowledge and skills of common software development methodologies.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
The Systems Analyst I would have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field and a minimum of 1 year business or system experience developing requirements for projects where computer software is created or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
The Systems Analyst II would have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, or a related field and minimum of 3 years business or system experience developing requirements for projects where computer software is created or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience including experience with methodologies and structured analytical approach
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions. We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members.
We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]