The Systems Analyst will be an integral member of our technical Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (D365FO) ERP team and is responsible for ensuring customer service excellence in the technical support, implementation, and operational maintenance of new and existing releases and enhancements of the platform. This role is also responsible for detailed system requirements, technical specifications, development, implementation, and support for customizations to D365FO features in support of Ultimate Software’s Accounting and Finance operations.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Provide business facing ERP support and problem resolution - troubleshoot production issues, identify and address the root cause, and work with operations teams to get the resolution deployed to production.
- Provide Level 2 end user support for escalations, work case resolution with vendor as needed, and ensure IT service levels are maintained.
- Maintain expert, in depth knowledge of the D365FO platform including workflows, customizations, and integrations.
- Perform system monitoring trend analysis to identify errors and deficiencies and make product improvement recommendations.
- Release management and project support - coordinate with business users and IT team members to plan, test and implement new D365FO release updates, features and customizations.
- Adhere to established project management methodology, SDLC, support and service management policies and procedures; and create and maintain SOPs for processes and tasks related to the D365FO ERP environments.
- Proactively explore new features, version patches, updates and work with the Product Owner and business users to determine if they should be adopted, managing any corresponding communication, testing and integration.
- Design and develop customizations for D365FO (plugins, workflows, custom X++ extensions) optimizing the system’s configuration capabilities.
- Work with internal stakeholders to scope out modifications and convert functional requirements to technical specifications and design documents.
- Perform unit testing and validation to ensure developed code meets the technical and functional specifications.
- Become proficient in D365FO technology (i.e., X++, C#, .NET framework, Java, Web Forms/Win Forms, WCF, Web Services, SQL Server, Azure DevOps) and integration tools as required.
- Actively contribute to the improvement, performance analysis, operations and monitoring of D365FO and ERP related applications, frameworks and tools.
- Conduct training of new features, functions and 3rd party add-ons as needed.
- Build, develop and grow relationships with ERP users and other stakeholders.
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field
- 4+ years of experience in an IT application support, administration or configuration role related to enterprise business technology systems
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- Proficiency in understanding business problems and opportunities, collaborating on requirements, and translating requirements to technical specifications
- Knowledge of and experience working with finance and accounting processes
- Programming experience with C#, Java, or other object oriented language
- Working knowledge of database design and SQL (Query Language)
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills including demonstrated ability to analyze issues and to work effectively with cross functional groups to craft solutions.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX or D365FO development, implementation and application support
- Hands-on experience in D365FO technology (i.e., X++, C#, .NET framework, Java, Microsoft Visual Studio, SQL Server, Microsoft Azure DevOps)
- Certifications in D365FO
- Experience with agile development methodologies (Kanban, Scrum, FDD, TDD).
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]