Job TitleSystem engineering expert - Requirements, Test & Verification
In this role, you have the opportunity to ensure the high quality of the (medical) products that we create
You are responsible for
- Developing SMART, testable requirements in R&D projects across the business;
- Manage the system engineering information and its traceability (requirements, risks, design decisions, protocols, results) in the database environment of the business;
- Support project leaders, system architects and lead engineers to develop a risk based integration and testing strategy;
- Creating actionable integration, test designs and verification plans to release products and processes according to specified requirements;
- Take ownership for test execution, sample management, test protocols and test reporting, collaborating with test centers, lab facilities and test engineers;
- Deploy best practices for requirements, risk, test and verification management globally in Philips to R&D project teams or organizations via training & coaching to enhance maturity;
- Identify improvement opportunities in Philips businesses with respect to the Requirements, Test and Verification proposition and develop actionable proposals, plans and tailored training materials or workshops to address these.
You are a part of
The Test and Verification Engineering team is part of the Reliability Solutions department of Philips Innovation Services and is a diverse group of more than 20 technical experts.
All have extensive experience in the field of test and verification strategy definition, requirement engineering and/or test automation and are actively supporting complex, innovative projects for our customers from both internal Philips businesses, as well as, external companies, located all over the world.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- PhD or Masters (MSc) degree in Physics, Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering;
- Minimum 5 years of experience with requirements management, risk management, test and verification in a business R&D environment;
- DfSS Black Belt or equal by experience, requirements or test management tools, e.g. DOORS, ALM, Integrity, Polarion, …
- Ability to motivate a diverse multicultural group to get alignment on what is needed, creating a strategy, get it executed effectively and documented according to standards;
- You’re driven by quality & customer satisfaction;
- Bonus points for experience in a regulated (medical) device company and/or manufacturing quality control;
- Willing to travel (if required).
In return, we offer you
We believe that every growth period creates an exceptional career runway. In fact, our leadership team gets out of bed every morning with the sole focus of growing the business and growing the people who contribute to it. Luckily, you are the benefactor of this unique opportunity and leadership commitment- likely to experience an exciting high stakes, mobility-focused environment from which to create your own future – personally, professionally & financially.
- A competitive salary;
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually;
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance;
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching;
- Colleagues who are the best and brightest in their field;
- Competitive company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package;
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount;
- Healthy work-life balance and exciting, international environment at the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.