Job TitleSupplier Account Manager
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Manage a regional supplier portfolio and deliver a strategic impact through supplier strategy development programs. The aim is to ensure performance (productivity, quality, sustainability and delivery), growth and innovation while effectively managing risk and spend. You will focus on Mechanical Hardware and Distribution Commodity in the region and support the Metal Cluster Team's activities.
You are responsible for
- Managing Supplier performance score card using the Global Supplier Rating System and cross-functional stakeholder calibration
- Identifying future business opportunities and NPI projects together with PE and based on provided Supplier innovation/ideas
- Creating Supplier Strategy in full alignment with CM strategies to define Supplier related spend, targets, negotiations, and spend pooling
- Program manage execution by securing close alignment between, supplier, PE and business
- Relentlessly driving impact to the bottom and top line through Supplier Performance Development and innovative negotiation approach
- Implementing defined negotiation roadmap, target setting and business reviews
- Encouraging Suppliers to use LEAN approaches to co-create and deliver TCO savings opportunities (e.g. concept savings)
- Conducting assessments to identify and manage critical supplier parameters on a continuous basis covering risk, regulatory compliance, financial exposure and related liabilities
- Ensuring full compliance regarding sustainability and regulatory requirements
- Ensuring all contracts and RFX events are properly managed in contract and RFX management systems (e.g. source2contract), following defined processes, policies and guidelines
- Managing and demanding continuously improved quality from supplier and driving clear actions to achieve this
You are a part of
The EMEA Mechanical Hardware Commodity team and you will report to the Commodity Regional Lead Mechanical Metal EMEA. You will be working most of the time remotely and will be collaborating with many teams.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- University degree (logistics/SCM/business administration)
- Min. 2 years’ experience in procurement, in a contract manufacturing environment
- Project Management skills
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to persuade and influence business decisions
- Ability to work organized and independently, with a high sense of business ethics and responsibility
- Fluent in English
In return, we offer you
A path towards your most rewarding career. Philips is growing its marketing capability enterprise wide. Succeeding in this market-based role in a complex environment will open many doors for your long term career, in other areas in Philips or otherwise. We also believe that we are at our best as a company when you are at yours as a person. Thus, we offer competitive health benefits, a flexible work schedule and access to local well-being focused activities.
- Yearly bonus based on performance achieved.
- Private medical care with option to extend it to family members.
- Benefit System cards.
- Discount for Philips’ products.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it. In case of technical difficulties, please send an email to [email protected].
(Note: To ensure fairness and legal compliance in our recruitment processes, only technical issues will be monitored through the above inbox. Please do not submit resumes or applications to this email, as they will not be reviewed. Only applications received through the online application process will be considered.)
Philips is a world leading health technology company with a vision to make life better for people worldwide through meaningful innovation. Making good on this promise depends on our inclusive, passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse team.