Supervisor Accounts Receivable - LifeMap
Supervisor, Accounts Receivable - LifeMap
The Supervisor, Accounts Receivable will oversee all aspects of the Corporate Accounts Receivable function. They will supervise the Accounts Receivable team to ensure policy compliance and efficient processing within departmental processing guidelines. It will facilitate and oversee the collection and maintenance of the corporate accounts receivable processes to ensure timely and accurate handling of past due/delinquent accounts, reinstatement of terminated accounts, establishment of payment terms and collection of bad debt.
Responsibilities & Requirements
Achieving our ambitious Cause requires exemplary leadership. In addition to the Cambia values listed above, our leaders demonstrate the following leadership attributes: Cambia leaders think big, push boundaries, envision possibilities, inspire and empower others. They build collaborative relationships beyond their functional area and create workplaces which are just and transparent. Our leaders must be lifelong learners, develop others and act as role models for their teams, colleagues, external partners and—most importantly—our current and future members.
General Functions and Outcomes:
- Leads, directs and monitors the corporate receivable function.
- Provides staff training and maximizes efficient and effective use of resources.
- Oversees, plans, coordinates and leads the development and administration of effective policy, process and procedural execution, improvement, and monitoring, related to all functions of accounts receivable.
- Oversees, plans and coordinates, as applicable, internal and external audits, including the preparation of audit schedules and account reconciliations. Investigates and resolves unusual transactions, activities, questions and issues as they arise.
- Works directly with outside auditors and consultants on an assortment of financial and accounting issues.
- Oversees, plans support and coordinates the work efforts to develop and implement periodic conversions and /or consolidations of financial systems and applications, including any redesign of process methodologies and interfaces with ancillary systems.
- Demonstrated application of financial, accounting and business knowledge. Specific areas of knowledge would include generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), statutory accounting principles (SAP) and NAIC/SVO practices and procedures.
- Ability to think analytically and provide in depth analysis and recommendations using critical thinking and sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with employees and management.
- Demonstrated ability working with complex PC and mainframe software and systems.
- Ability to review, analyze and develop effective and efficient processes and procedures as well as ongoing process improvement efforts.
- Ability to plan, organize and lead the work of others, while developing department goals and objectives consistent with corporate vision and strategies.
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- Supervisor, Account Receivable would have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related area and 5 years’ experience in cash management systems, and/or billing receivable systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LifeMap employees are part of the larger Cambia Health Solution’s family of companies, which seeks to drive innovative health solutions. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
LifeMap is a life and disability insurance company, which offers additional benefits such as dental, vision, and short term medical coverage, to provide financial protection and access to care. People do business with us because of our high value products, our easy-to-understand language and our personalized service. We provide thoughtful guidance to help people choose the coverage they truly need through life’s transitions.
Cambia Health Solutions is a nonprofit total health solutions company with community roots dating back to 1917. We advocate for transforming the health care system by making health care more affordable and accessible, increasing consumers’ engagement in their health care decisions, and offering a diverse range of products and services that promote the health and wellbeing of our members. Cambia's portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]