We are EA:
We are the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Challenge Ahead:
EA’s Worldwide Customer Experience (WWCE) organization is looking for an aspiring software engineer to assist with research and development in our innovation lab (called Customer Experience Labs - XLabs). This role will be responsible for learning new technologies and coming up with proof-of-concept demonstrations. To be successful, the candidate should have a firm grasp of programming concepts and be comfortable with multiple languages (and learning new ones as necessary).
- Working with XLabs staff on a variety of technical initiatives
- Researching new technology areas that can move WWCE forward
- Experimenting with different combinations of our existing technology to prove or disprove hypothesizes
- Demonstrating technology proof-of-concepts (POCs) by assembling bits of technology in a virtual sandbox environment that will allow leadership to see a potential piece of technology working with our existing systems
- Intellectually curious: Has a naturally curious mind and a desire to frame and solve business problems; actively seeks out best-in-class capabilities.
- Critical thinker: Strong quantitative and qualitative research and analytics skills; ability to go beyond findings to insights and actionable recommendations.
- Technology forward: Has an interest in technology and knows the relevant platforms and models; user or at least strong understanding of emerging technology trends.
- Positive attitude: Can-do attitude; finds the bright side of even stressful situations and is willing to learn from them.
- (in progress) BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent in software development on large scale distributed system. No work experience required.
- History of sharing code (GitHub, etc)
- A knack for toying with new and emerging technologies (like artificial intelligence, Google’s TensorFlow, IBM’s Watson, Microsoft’s Azure Machine Learning / CNTK (Cognitive Toolkit), or any other ChatBot like tech
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming Languages, such as Java and C++, in the development of systems, applications and web services, demonstrated by university courses or equivalent competencies demonstrated in industry experience
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in algorithms, data structures, and software design, demonstrated by university courses
- Software development knowledge, writing clean re-useable code, test-driven development, and continuous integration
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems and/or large-scale database system, demonstrated by university courses or equivalent competencies demonstrated in industry experience
- Fast prototyping skills, familiarity with scripting languages such as bash, SQL, PERL, AWK, Python, demonstrated by university course projects or equivalent competencies demonstrated in industry experience
- Knowledge of implementation and evaluation of parallel algorithms running on distributed systems, Hadoop/NoSQL stacks, or large-scale analytical/relational databases
- Knowledge of service oriented architecture design and implementations
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.