You and IBM IndiaIBM's Purpose is to be essential to our clients, to the world and one another and we are confident that together as IBMers we will drive this purpose. When you join IBM you join a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, and the invitation and expectation to have a voice. Join us and Do your Best Work Ever.
We are recognized gold standard for inclusion, reflected in winning, to name a few, the 2018 Catalyst Award for advancing women in business, the National Award 'Best Employer of People with Disabilities' and being named one of the top 5 2018 Top Companies for Women Technologists for building an inclusive workplace — We advocate for fairness and equality as everyone is, and always has been, welcome at IBM.
Join a brand with a history of continuous re-invention, transforming itself throughout its 100-plus years. In the past five decades alone, IBM has ushered in the eras of the mainframe, the personal computer, IT services and enterprise software. In its current transformation, IBM is once again leading the reordering of the technology industry.
Business Unit IntroductionOur IBM Global Technology Services (GTS) helps clients plan, implement and lead an efficient, resilient, flexible IT infrastructure. Be it groundbreaking outsourcing tied to business outcomes or integrated managed services or discrete services - IBM GTS is the partner of choice for infrastructure services.
Come join our team of IBM experts, who are leaders with vision, distinguished engineers and IT architects who have worked with thousands of clients to transform enterprise IT, migrate to cloud, apply automation and ensure business continuity. We help client run their IT better, accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance with the power automation.
Who you areAs a Technical Expert , you are responsible to provide technical support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here
What you will do
- Responsible for installation and configuration of TSM v 5.x, 6.x,7.x, 8.x Master Server, Media Server, and Clients across various Operating System platforms
- Install and configure TSM v 6.x,v7.x and 8.x T on and migration TSM Master, Media and Clients on UNIX, Windows and Linux environments
- Upgrade TSM for all UNIX, Linux and Windows
- Implement clustering mechanism to lower the administrative tasks
- Work on Client-Server architecture for one-to-one and one to many connections
How we’ll help you grow:
- You’ll have access to all the technical and management training courses to grow your expertise.
- You’ll learn directly from expert developers in the field; our team leads love to mentor.
- You have the opportunity to work in many different areas to determine what really excites you.
We wish you great success in your career and encourage you to bring your best self to work with IBM.
CultureIBM is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Of misleading advertisements and fraudsters issuing 'Offer Letters', on behalf of IBM in exchange for a fee. We recommend you to Stay Alert. Read more here http://ibm.co/2fwBkyK. To avoid any instance of fraud, when receiving communication from IBM, look for this authentic IBM e-mail format: [email protected]
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in TSM Administrator v6.0, v7.0, v7.5 and V8.1.1
- Proven ability in installation, configuration and upgradation administration on Windows, UNIX and Linus environments
- Proficient in creation / configuration of backup policies such as file systems, SQL, VMware, Oracle, Lotus Notes, and Sybase databases, RAW, Flash for various Netbackup clients
- Ability to design complete Backup, Restore strategy, configuration of Backups- Full/Incremental/Image/Sub-file and troubleshooting
- Hands-on knowledge to implement High Availability, Work Load Management and Fail Over, Disaster recovery
- Working knowledge of configuration of inventory expiration, migration, reclamation, TSMDB backup admin schedules along with creating backup scripts for user backup for UNIX and Windows servers
- Validated experience in debugging and analytical skills with solid grasp of system development methodologies, techniques and tool
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Proficient in working with high availability environment along with alignment to process (ITIL)
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. With Watson, the AI platform for business, powered by data, we [...]