Strategic Sourcing Manager
Strategic Sourcing Manager
We advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We have an exciting opportunity in our Strategic Sourcing Department to support our Shared Services team with indirect strategic sourcing activities.
The main area of focus will be for category support in our Shared Services area consisting of real estate, finance, HR, and other related corporate services. The ideal candidate will possess the experience and skillset to work collaboratively with Cambia’s business leaders, drive sourcing events such as RFPs, supplier selection and supplier contracting, and assist leadership in understanding the marketplace and strengthening Cambia’s supplier portfolio.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
Responsibilities & Requirements
The Strategic Sourcing Manager role will:
- Develop complex category sourcing opportunity assessments and strategies based on changing market conditions for assigned supplier(s)
- Be responsible for delivery of best-in-class strategic sourcing, contract management, and negotiation with regards to moderate-complex spend categories
- Apply advanced sourcing methodology in negotiation planning and contract development
- Maintain collaborative relationships with supplier(s) while effectively resolving supplier performance/capability issues to ensure alignment with Cambia expectations
- Build and own relationships with internal customers, ensure compliance, mitigate company risk and contribute to Cambia cost stewardship
Key qualifications and experience needed for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management or related field (MBA preferred) with 4 to 7 years of procurement/supply chain experience or related field or combination of education and experience
- Proven ability to apply a wide range of sourcing and supplier performance management related skills and knowledge, including a solid understanding of and the ability to deploy a strategic sourcing methodology
- Ability to utilize a multi-step strategic sourcing process with particular emphasis in the development of category strategies and RFx sourcing processes
- Advanced competency in supplier negotiations with the ability to apply key procurement best practices
- Competencies and knowledge in contract development, including key contracting principles, standard terms, laws/regulations, and industry standards
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of the workforce, including senior leadership and executive management
- Ability to facilitate large group meetings and presentations, with all levels of the workforce, including senior leadership and executive management
- Strong change management skills, as well as the versatility in responding to change
- Proven leadership track record in selling the value contribution of the department to the rest of the organization
- Exceptional problem solving, strategic planning, critical thinking, and risk management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize activities
- Ability to facilitate, lead and influence decision making
- Capable of successfully managing significant sourcing projects with limited management involvement
- Knowledge of supply chain fundamentals
- Certification in supply chain, contract management, procurement or project management a plus
We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Need help finding the right job?
Cambia Health Solutions, headquartered in Portland, Oregon, is dedicated to transforming health care. We put people at the heart of everything we do as we work to make the health care system better and more economically sustainable for people and their families. Our company reaches more than 70 [...]