The Revenue Accountant is responsible for the revenue accounting process for assigned areas. This position will review SaaS Agreements, Amendments, Supplements, and other contracts provided by the Post-Sales Department throughout the month to ensure proper accounting treatment. This position will perform monthly and quarterly close activities for revenue, reconcile and validate revenue, prepare required journal entries, analyze data, and prepare reports for auditors and management. The Revenue Accountant will interact amongst various departments such as contract administration, operations, and external auditors. Position reports to the Revenue Manager.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Reviewing sales contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
- Analyze and understand various service/product offerings and revenue streams to ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Maintain monthly revenue accounting close efforts for assigned areas, including assurance of accurate and timely results and preparation of auditable revenue and deferred revenue account reconciliations.
- Creating efficiencies in assigned processes while maintaining effectiveness on an on-going basis.
- Support various special projects as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
(Experience, Education, Certification, License and Training)
- Working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytic skills and interest in continuous process improvement.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail required.
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Excel.
- BS in Accounting
- CPA or working towards a CPA preferred
- Understanding of accounting guidelines for SaaS revenue recognition preferred
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact [email protected]