Why work for just any analytics company? At Alteryx Inc., we are explorers, dreamers and innovators. We’re on a journey to build the best analytics platform in the world, but we can’t do it without people like you, leading the way. Forget the stereotypical tech companies of the past. Embrace the unconventional, exercise your imagination and help alter the future with Alteryx.
We are looking for a Sr. Staff Accountant to join our growing Accounting and Finance team. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Sr. Staff Accountant will play an integral role on the accounting team, working through complex issues, transactions, and projects independently as well as collaboratively with cross functional team members. The Sr. Staff Accountant should have a working knowledge of GAAP.
- Direct support to Accounting Manager in monthly, quarterly and yearly financial close process.
- Independently perform analyses and prepare journal entries on a daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Areas of focus include, but not limited to, fixed assets, leases, prepaids, cash and investment, credit cards, payroll, and other assets and liabilities.
- Perform month end close procedures for variety of accounts.
- Perform monthly account reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts.
- Review contracts and analyze sometimes complex arrangements to ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP.
- Work with local as well as international teams to ensure consistency in processes globally.
- Partner with various departments to drive process improvements.
- Identify issues and provides recommendations for resolution to management.
- Assist in designing and maintaining internal controls for areas of responsibility.
- Assist in working with external auditors issues for quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Assist Finance team with ad hoc projects or additional account reconciliations, as necessary.
All listed responsibilities are deemed essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or similar disciple;
- 4+ years combination of corporate accounting and public accounting (Big 4 preferred);
- CPA required;
- Exceptional knowledge of US GAAP;
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel.
- Experience with NetSuite (or equivalent ERP system) and Blackline;
- Detail oriented and self-starter able to work well and communicate effectively in a team environment;
- Hands-on and able to work effectively with team members at all levels;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Revolutionizing business through data science and analytics, Alteryx offers an end-to-end analytics platform, which empowers data analysts and scientists alike to break data barriers, deliver insights, and experience the thrill of getting to the answer faster. Organizations all over the world rely [...]